In the wake of unprecedented damage to various areas of New York, President Barack Obama has ordered federal aid for the region in order to help quell the tragic mess of Hurricane Sandy.
As of 6 a.m. EST, here is the latest update to the storm:
- There has been an explosion (above) at a Con Edison Plant at East 14th and FDR Drive.
- Subways remain out of order in NYC.
- There have been 83 total deaths.
- Over 50 homes burned to the ground in a single six-alarm fire in Queens.
- Over 7.5 million people are without power around the country.
Downgraded from a hurricane to an "extratropical cycle," Sandy is now moving westward across Pennsylvania.
Please be safe out there, everyone. This is a big deal, Lindsay Lohan.