If you were thinking about venturing over to stay at Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan, you might want to heed some warnings from fellow travelers.
While Osama's hideout in Bilal Town, Abbottabad, Pakistan, has the look of a quaint, countryside B&B, never make travel plans based on photos alone.
An average of the 1,284 reviews on Google Maps rates it 3 out of 5 stars. Could be worse, but might not be worth it, given the airfare and other factors.
Excerpted recent reviews offer feedback such as:
- Lousy room service; ordered fresh Maine lobster but instead got seals from Afghanistan. Fail. - Tozefs
- Great spot to get away from the hustle & bustle - no cable or internet! - Keith
- This is _THE_ place to pick up hotties if you are out to party in Abbottabad. The drinks are stiff, and the DJs spin it hot all night. - K-to-the-V
- So not worth the 200 Million rupees! Do not waste your money. - TS
- When I set up the reservation, they promised me peace and quiet. I get there and there are reporters swarming all over the place, along with about a thousand cops. I just kept driving. - Ed
- This delightful, modestly fortified B&B on the outskirts of Abbottabad features a convenient helicopter landing area - easy access for on-the-go tourists. High walls for squash/racquetball practice and reduced shrapnel damage. - Allen
Other drawbacks include lack of central A/C, tapped phones and the chance that a team of elite Navy Seals will infiltrate the premises and assassinate you.