With the season finale of The Bachelorette on tap for Monday, and the "After the Final Rose" special following one night later, two (maybe three) men remain.
Bachelorette spoilers, rumors and gossip abound as Jillian Harris prepares to make a decision and bring to an end what has been a tumultuous fifth season.
Let's review some of the theories posited (some from more reliable sources than others) as to what will happen in The Bachelorette season finale Monday:
- Jillian will pick Ed Swiderski. This is what many fans of the show, including past star DeAnna Pappas, see happening. Jillian Harris has had eyes for Ed since day one, and he looks like the odds-on favorite to win, right?
- Maybe, but there is the persistent rumor that Ed has a girlfriend. After all the talk about Wes Hayden (and Laurel Kagay) this season, Ed having a significant other that somehow derails his chances would be a big twist.
- Also a big twist - and one guaranteed to shake things up in some form? The return of Reid Rosenthal. All indications are that the vanquished third-place finisher will come back and ask for another shot. Will he get it?
Will Jillian Harris pick Ed Swiderski or Kiptyn Locke? Or neither?
- We have not heard any rumblings about Kiptyn Locke being chosen on the finale. Contrarily, we have heard plenty of rumors that he is being considered - or has even signed a deal - to be the next star of The Bachelor.
- Assuming Reid makes his play for Jillian, that could lead to this scenario: Jillian chooses Ed, but breaks up with him (possibly due to the girlfriend situation) for Reid on the "After the Final Rose" special, a la Jason Mesnick.
- Many fans think Reid Rosenthal will ultimately be Jillian Harris' choice, and it's just a matter of how the show times the big reveal. However, there are some who believe Jillian is not engaged and ends up with no one.
Now that would be a shocking ending - and a disappointing one for fans who have fallen in love with her and each of the Canadian cutie's remaining suitors.
Who will win The Bachelorette?