The ever-present Lauren Conrad is going to blog the Stanley Cup Playoffs on the NHL's website throughout the postseason. Seriously, we didn't make this up.
"I'm blogging about the NHL playoffs because I love live hockey and I thought this would be a fun way to get more involved with the postseason," The Hills star said.
She's been to a bunch of games, but now that she's got her own blog, the Orange County native will have to learn the nuances of hockey, and she's already asked her fans: "Is there anything you guys think I should know as I watch the Ducks?"
The Hollywood Gossip put together a few notes and things for Lauren Conrad to ponder as she watches her beloved Anaheim team defend its title:
- Will Anaheim suffer from a lack of depth and scoring options with first-line forward Corey Perry injured and an invaluable component of last year's Cup winning squad, Andy McDonald, questionably traded in mid-season?
- If you had the Stanley Cup for a day, would you bring it to S Bar, Les Deux or Hyde? Decisions, decisions. That would sure impress Brody Jenner!
- With its "big four" defensemen - Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Mathieu Schneider and Francois Beauchemin - Anaheim will be tough for any team to penetrate. But on the flip side, who will supply Anaheim's offense?
- Have you listened to a game on TV or the radio and noticed how a lot of the hockey terms they use sound dirty? Slipped it between the pads. On top of the crease. Poke-check. Puck. Think about it, LC.
LC at a Ducks-Los Angeles Kings game this winter.Â
- Anaheim's 22-year-old sensation, center Ryan Getzlaf, led the Ducks with 82 points (24 goals, 58 assists) in 2007-08, but can Getzy fulfill his tremendous promise and carry a team on his shoulders in postseason play?
- Wouldn't a hockey-themed, Team Lauren vs. Team Heidi episode of The Hills be great? Cat fights, body-checks off the glass ... it's all the same.
- Goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere won the Conn Smythe trophy in 2003 - and the Ducks lost the Finals. He was instrumental in their triumph in '07, and must bring his A-game for Anaheim to have a shot this year.
That ought to do it. The Ducks' first-round series with the Dallas Stars begins tonight in Anaheim. Let's go Ducks! And Lauren Conrad!