It's the end of the world!
American Horror Story Season 8 Episode 1 kicked off with the world coming to a grinding halt thanks to a bunch of missiles.
But there was an afterlife, of sorts for some lucky individuals, thanks to an outpost that was able to survive the radiation.
Who got a second chance at life?
- Wilhemina Venable (Sarah Paulson) was the leader of the outpost. It was her way or the highway.
- Coco (Leslie Grossman) was an Instagram star. She lived a privileged life, and her parents paid upwards of $100 million for a place in the outpost.
- Mr. Gallant (Evan Peters) was Coco's hairdresser, but he was given a reprieve thanks to his connection to Coco.
- Evie Gallant (Joan Collins) is the hairdresser's grandmother, and she was gifted the place in the outpost because of her grandson bringing her along for the ride. Who wouldn't want a free ticket to survive the apocalypse?
- Dinah Stevens (Adina Porter) was given another chance because, well, we don't really know. She's a TV personality who had a lot of fans at one point, we guess.
- Mallory (Billie Lourd) was brought along with Coco because Coco claimed she would not know how to survive without her.
- Andre (Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman) never got much screen-time. He did get to eat his boyfriend because he allegedly broke the rules.
- Emily (Ash Santos) was taken from jail to a holding cell and then taken to the outpost.
- Timothy (Kyle Allen) was taken from his family when it emerged that his DNA was one that was desirable to start a new world.
The lucky ones were allowed to wear purple, while the workers were forced to wear grey. It was a Handmaid's Tale-esque plot, but it worked very well.
Wilhemina told the others that they needed to play by the rules if they had any hope of staying in the compound, but everyone seemed mad about the fact that they were being fed a tiny cube which allegedly had all the nutrients their bodies needed.
When eighteen months were up, it emerged that they would be skipping breakfast from that point on due to there being not enough cubes for everyone to survive.
As if that was not bad enough, the same song was being played over and over again in the parlor. Oh yes, the end of the world is not all it cracked up to be.
The nuclear winter rendered the outside world a no-go for everyone, but there was a striking development:
Michael Langdon aka the demon baby from American Horror Story: Murder House showed up at the Outpost.
He was quick to tell Wilhemina that it was time for him to take control, and she did not seem all that enthused about it.
In any case, her right-hand woman, Miriam, was outside murdering the horses that brought Michael to the compound. Yeah, Wilhemina has really met her match.
We have one question following the season premiere:
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE WITCHES?!
We're not the only ones who were watching just to see the coven back together, are we?
What are your thoughts on the premiere?
Hit the comments below.