We have an update on the terrorist attack that killed at least 19 people inside Manchester Arena on Monday night.
As previously reported, an explosion rocked this venue shortly after Ariana Grande finished her set and thanked her fans for attending.
Just as she made her way off stage, what authorities have described as a "nail bomb" was detonated, around 10:33 p.m. local time.
No organization has claimed responsibility for the mass murder, while police are operating under the assumption that this was the act of a suicide bomber.
He has not been identified, but it is the working assumption that the bomber is dead.
The death count has also now risen to 22 individuals, with 59 other concert goers reported as wounded, 19 of them in critical condition.
As a result, this is now the deadliest militant assault in Great Britain since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005.
British Prime Minister Theresa May called for an emergency Cabinet meeting Tuesday and said the explosion was being treated as an "appalling terrorist attack."
Police do believe there was just one bomber, however.
Numerous survivors of the blast have shared their accounts to The BBC and other outlets, with one 19-year old explaining his experience as follows:
"We ran and people were screaming around us and pushing on the stairs to go outside and people were falling down."
"Girls were crying, and we saw these women being treated by paramedics having open wounds on their legs ..."
"It was just chaos... It was literally just a minute after it ended, the lights came on and the bomb went off."
A fan in an Ariana Grande shirt stands outside a hotel in Manchester, shortly after the artist's concert ended in the death of many attendees.
Said Donald Trump in a statement on the attack:
I extend my deepest condolences to those so terribly injured in this terrorist attack and to the many killed and the families, so many families, of the victims.
We stand in absolute solidarity with the people of the United Kingdom.
So many young beautiful innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life. I won't call them monsters because they would like that term.
They would think that's a great name. I will call them from now on losers because that's what they are. They're losers, and we'll have more of them, but they're losers, just remember that.
This wicked ideology must be obliterated.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, meanwhile, said it "will only strengthen our resolve to...work together with our British friends against those who plan and carry out such inhumane deeds."
Grande has also issued her first statement since the fatal incident.
On Twitter last night, the singer - who sources tell TMZ was "in hysterics" following the explosion - wrote a simple message that expressed her shock and grief.
"broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words," Tweeted Grande.
Grande had been scheduled to perform on London on Thursday night.
Insiders now tell TMZ that she has suspended the entire European tour until an unspecified date, putting on hold future shows in England, Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland.
Adds Grande's manager, Scooter Braun:
"We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act. We ask all of you to hold the victims, their families, and all those affected in your hearts and prayers."
In the following video, you can see attendees run for the exits after hearing the bomb go off:
Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said that victims were being taken to eight hospitals and confirmed that children were among the deceased.
"We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated," he said.
"We have been treating this as a terrorist incident and we believe at this stage that the attack was carried out by one man."
An investigation is underway to determine if the attacker was part of a larger plot or terrorist network.
Bianca Landrau, the Boston hip-hop star known as Bia, who also performed at the show, Tweeted an update on her status yesterday, writing:
"Guys we are okay!!!"
Police mill about the street in Manchester, searching for answers and helping anyone they can in the wake of this tragedy.
And singer Victoria Monét, the opening act at the concert, said in a statement that she was safe but "heartbroken that loved ones who came to have the night of their lives ended up losing them," adding:
"I wish I could say that I am OK, but I am not. Please send all your prayers up high for Manchester."
Many other celebrities have also taken to social media to issue messages of mourning.
Here is a sampling of what they've said:
We join everyone around the globe in sending our condolences to all affected by this heinous act.
We'll continue to provide update on this terrible story as news breaks.
May the victims rest in peace.