Donald Trump is not backing down to El Chapo Guzman, the escaped Mexican drug lord who threatened the presidential candidate this week.
(Yes, that really happened in real life.)
With El Chapo escaping from prison, one of the most feared criminal kingpins on Earth has turned his sights to none other than Donald Trump.
Guzman, the head of the notorious and ultra-violent Sinaloa Cartel, escaped from his Mexican lockup using an elaborate underground tunnel.
Trump, whose remarks about Mexicans and immigration have become the story of the 2016 campaign season, quickly drew El Chapo's ire.
He is not backing down. We are not surprised.
"Can you envision Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton negotiating with 'El Chapo', the Mexican drug lord who escaped from prison?" Trump Tweeted.
"Trump, however, would kick his ass!"
The 69-year-old candidate, who also slammed Hillary Clinton for other reasons this week, continued his online rant about El Chapo thusly:
- Now that the Mexican drug lord escaped from prison, everyone is saying that most of the cocaine etc. coming into the U.S. comes over border!
- The U.S. will invite El Chapo, the Mexican drug lord who just escaped prison, to become a U.S. citizen because our "leaders" can't say no!
- El Chapo and the Mexican drug cartels use the border unimpeded like it was a vacuum cleaner, sucking drugs and death right into the U.S.
- When will people, and the media, start to apologize to me for my statement, "Mexico is sending....", which turned out to be true? El Chapo
- The joke around town is that I freed El Chapo from the Mexican prison because the timing was so good w/ my statements on border security.
- El Chapo comes to the U.S. often thru our border - it's been revealed he has CA drivers license.
So Donald knows where to find him, in other words? We hope this is just the beginning of a cross-border confrontation for the ages ...