It was made very clear on Sunday evening:
Television fans chose not to watch TV online, especially not on ABC or Fox.
The Once Upon a Time Season 4 premiere, which brought the world of Frozen into the world of Storybrooke, saw a 31 percent increase in viewership compared to the Season 3 opener:
Overall, 9.4 million households tuned in, while the episode earned a strong 3.4 rating among 18-49-year olds.
Elsewhere, the Family Guy-Simpsons crossover shattered records for this animated hit, as 8.4 million people tuned in to the Season 13 premiere. That's a 73 percent uptick from last September's opener.
You can watch Once Upon a Time online and Family Guy online right now in order to see what all the excitement was over:
ELSEWHERE on the evening:
- The Simpsons brought in 8.5 million viewers, an increase of 35 percent from last year's premiere.
- Madam Secretary fell 30 percent from its big premiere last Sunday, but still garnered over 12 million viewers.
- The Good Wife (11.2 million, 1.3 rating) rose by two million total households over last year's premiere.
- The return of CSI (9.7 million, 1.4) was down 30 percent from its Wednesday debut last year.
- Revenge, meanwhile, barely saw 5 million people tune in and is almost definitely on its final legs. Enjoy these episodes while you can!