Amanda Bynes' mother has taken her off medication and claims she has no mental illness, a statement and turn of events that has left many people alarmed.
Lynn Bynes says the only problem Amanda had was pot, that all her daughter's problems emanated from marijuana, and she has quit smoking weed.
As a result, Amanda is off ALL medications. Lynn said publicly Wednesday that "she has no mental illness whatsoever." Tamar Arminak, Lynn's lawyer, confirms:
"Amanda is now on zero medication."
Her mom feels all the talk about schizophrenia is false and that's why she took her off medication; Amanda has had no psychotic episodes in recent months.
Everyone else who has come in contact with Amanda says she does in fact suffer from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, however, and they are concerned.
The evidence of mental illness is extensive, and not just because of the photo gallery above and her erratic behavior for about a year and a half. Consider:
- Amanda was hospitalized against her will. To do this, a person must be "gravely disabled as the result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism."
- According to TMZ, while hospitalized, she was given a complex prescription drug cocktail specifically designed for treating Schizophrenia.
- While in treatment, she was at times so incoherent that she had to be restrained, and spoke of a "Bad Amanda" while mimicking an exorcism and biting herself.
- Amanda's mother won a temporary conservatorship after a court-appointed investigator determined that the actress was severely mentally ill.
- The star's lawyers in both California and New York asked for and won delays in her vase-tossing and DUI criminal cases based on mental illness.
You can see why multiple sources connected to the 28-year-old are shocked, alarmed and fearful having heard what Lynn Bynes has unilaterally done.
No matter how much healthier and happier she looks lately, one can't help but question the legitimacy of this diagnosis by Lynn, or fear the consequences.
Story developing ...