The Fifty Shades of Grey movie producers have confirmed that its release has been delayed until 2015, but have yet to address the biggest remaining casting question:
Who should play Kate Kavanagh, Anastasia Steele's BFF?
The much-talked about project's casting is almost complete.
Anastasia (Dakota Johnson) has her Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan), and his big brother Elliott (Luke Grimes) is also in the mix. But no Kate yet.
The effervescent college roommate of Ana also forges a relationship with Elliott, so this is a key role. One we still get to play fantasy casting with!
Some blonde beauties who would be quality Kate Kavanaghs ...
- Kaley Cuoco. The Big Bang Theory star is vivacious and outgoing, not to mention every guy's dream girl. Hard to go wrong ever.
- Amber Heard. A sexy bombshell like Kate, her striking, delicate features and hourglass figure make for quite a package. Plus, she's talented!
- Katrina Bowden. The 30 Rock alum looks the part, and could be a lesser-known face than other stars on this list who might overshadow Ana.
- Blake Lively. Gossip Girl's leading lady is a fan favorite for Kate.
- Julianne Hough. Because Grey is the new black ... face. Sorry.
VOTE: Who should play Kate in Fifty Shades of Grey?