Happy birthday to you Arnold Schwarzenegger! The big guy is turning 66 today and can you think of a better way to celebrate than with a top ten list?
Didn't think so.
Let's break down Arnold Schwarzenegger's Top Ten Movies:
- Commando: Classic action movie (we've all seen the "rocket launcher on shoulder" photo) with a great sense of humor. Schwarzenegger defined "retired Delta Force operative pulled back into action" with his role of John Matrix.
- Running Man: loosely based on the Stephen King story, and very reminiscent of the classic Richard Connell's The Most Dangerous Game, Running Man was a great cat and mouse story.
- Conan the Barbarian: Why is the news of a new Conan trilogy so interesting? Because Arnold Schwarzenegger is Conan. No one can fill his leather sandals.
- Twins: Most certainly a departure from his usual action fare, Twins was a fabulous movie. Who would have guessed that Danny DeVito and Arnold would make such a great team?
- Kindergarten Cop: "It's not a tumor." Enough said.
- Predator: Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger. This might have been the dream team of military/sci-fi/action stars teaming up for Predator.
- True Lies: Let's not kid ourselves here, Arnold was great in True Lies, but we all know it as "that movie where Jamie Lee Curtis does the striptease."
- The Terminator: The movie that brought forth one of Schwarzenegger's most recognizable characters, Terminator is synonymous with the actor.
- Total Recall: Such a great movie, Hollywood just couldn't help themselves but to remake it into a not as great movie.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day: What? The sequel beats out the original? In this case, most certainly. Terminator 2 remains one of Schwarzenegger's and the genre's best films.
Honorable Mention has to go to Jingle All the Way. Just kidding, birthday boy or not, there are no good words for that Christmas movie gone wrong.
What say you THG'ers? A good list? Did I miss one?
What is your favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger film?