Kelly Soo Park, "Female James Bond," Accused of Juliana Redding Murder

by at . Comments

Juliana Redding, a slain Maxim model who died in 2008, was done in by hired "muscle" contracted by her father's business partner, according to prosecutors.

Kelly Soo Park, a.k.a. the female James Bond, was allegedly that muscle.

Kelly Soo Park Photo

Prosecutors charge that Juliana Redding, 21, was strangled by Kelly Soo Park, 47, who "has a history of threatening and intimidating individuals."

Her targets are those who "have an ongoing dispute with" Dr. Munir Uwaydah, a California doctor and businessman. She was allegedly hired by him several times.

Park was arrested in 2010 for the murder and is now free on $3.5 million bail.

She is awaiting trial early next year for the killing of Redding for years ago.

Redding had moved to Los Angeles from Arizona, hoping to pursue a career in modeling and acting. She was employed as a waitress when she was killed.

Juliana Redding Bikini Photo

Park's previous history as "debt collector" for Uwaydah was detailed in court papers filed by prosecutors.

Two months after Redding's murder in 2008, she allegedly traveled to Kentucky to intimidate one of Uwaydah's ex-business partners into paying a $350,000 judgment.

Two years later, she applied the same tactics to a California bank manager after he attempted to back out of a business venture, prosecutors allege.

Uwaydah, who fled to Lebanon shortly after Park's 2010 arrest, once dated Redding and was preparing to start a “pain cream” business with her father Greg.

When her father learned that Uwaydah was married and had children, he advised his young daughter to end her relationship with the physician.

Not long afterwards, Greg Redding pulled out of the business venture after growing increasingly suspicious of Uwaydah, according to prosecutors.

Three days later, Park - who prosecutors claim Uwaydah once boasted was a female "James Bond" - began stalking Juliana Redding, officials argue.

She eventually showed up at Redding’s bungalow on March 15, 2008, in an attempt to "intimidate and threaten" the model, according to the DA filings.

Redding had been attempting to call 911 when her cellphone was yanked from her hands; she was murdered shortly afterwards, investigators believe.

When police discovered her the next day, the bones in her neck had been crushed and her gas stove was on, possibly an attempt to blow up the apartment.

Park's attorney insists she had nothing to do with Redding's murder.