The Shania Twain pulled into the station this week, and two American Idol finalist sent a message to Crystal Bowersox:
This isn’t over yet!
Okay, it probably is. Bowersox didn’t hurt her standing as the clear season nine favorite last night, but Siobhan Magnus and Casey James both stood out during country night. We rank the six contestants’ performance below:
- James: He was asked to mix it up, to do more than just rock out with his guitar, and Casey came through this week. He chose the ballad “Don’t!” and really showed off his voice. Easily the best male remaining in the competition.
- Magnus: On “Any Man of Mine,” Siobhan hit every note and then some. Never lacking for range or repeating the same performance from week-to-week, her originality is probably all that stands in the way of Crystal and the season nine title.
- Michael Lynche: Big Mike channeled Luther Vandross for “It Only Hurts When I’m Breathing.” With all the guys choosing slower songs, Lynche gets the nod over every dude by Casey because he connects so well with the audience.
- Bowersox: The judges didn’t love her acoustic take on “No One Needs to Know,” but let’s face it: any performance would have paled compared to “People Get Ready” from last week.
- Lee DeWyze: Still could end up in the final pairing, but not if he has to sing any more country songs. Just looked uncomfortable trying to make “You’re Still the One” into his own.
- Aaron Kelly: This should be an easy choice. We didn’t expect Aaron to make it this far, but it’s time to send him home.
Who was your favorite performer of the night?