Welcome to The Hollywood Gossip. Here, we take a look back at the top stories of what was a wacky, wild week in entertainment and celebrity news.
Some of the highlights (and lowlights) from the last seven days …
- Brangelina donated $1 million to Haitian earthquake relief efforts. George Clooney and Madonna have also been active. You can be too here.
- One of the most dubious train wrecks in recent TV history is unfolding at NBC, where Jay Leno is now poised to reclaim his Tonight Show duties.
- They totally hung Conan O’Brien out to dry. The whole situation was summed up perfectly by Jimmy Kimmel trashing Jay … on Jay’s own show.
NBC’s Jay Leno jockeying left Conan O’Brien out in the cold.
- In other ridiculous TV scandal news, The Bachelor booted a hot contestant, Rozlyn Papa, who says the producers lied about the reason and set her up.
- Heidi Montag plastic surgery photos made the rounds, as did her terrible new album, which she humbly compares to Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
- Tila Tequila will not shut her yap (or her blog, or her Twitter) since Casey Johnson died. What do you expect from a girl milking a fake relationship?
- Gilbert Arenas pleaded guilty to gun charges.
- So … whataya want from Adam Lambert!
- Ashley Greene is hot. Snooki is not.
- Noah Cyrus … wow, we got nothin’.
- Funniest tabloid cover of the week: Brangelina splitting up for the 186th time in Star. Honorable mention: Sarah and Bristol Palin, with babies, for In Touch.
- Simon Cowell announced that this would be his last season of American Idol. The show’s ninth year kicked off this week, with many potential contenders, such as Jermaine Sellers, making strong impressions on millions of viewers.
Simon Cowell’s departure from American Idol shook up the TV world.
- In baby news, Mark Wahlberg welcomed #4, Claudia Schiffer is pregnant with #3, Yao Ming’s wife is preggers; Katy Perry is not … at least not yet.
- In wedding news, Michael Buble is engaged; So is Colt McCoy; So is Jared the Subway dude; Derek Jeter might be; Fergie and Josh renewed vows.
- In breakup news, Nicole Scherzinger is single, The Shannon Twins dumped Hef; Zachary Levi and Caitlin Crosby split; JT and Jessica Biel may have.
- R.I.P.: Jay Reatard and Teddy Pendergrass.
Don’t forget to follow THG on Twitter for all the latest Hollywood news, celebrity gossip, rumors, commentary and humor as it happens, 24/7/365.