A couple major characters may be out of Downton Abbey Season 4 - Dan Stevens as Matthew, Siobhan Finneran as O'Brien - but Executive Producer Gareth Neame has come out and shared some exciting casting news:
Shirley MacLaine will return for next season's finale, while SIX new characters will be introduced.
"Downton Abbey has seen many great characters visit the house over the years and we couldn't be more thrilled to welcome the new faces that will be joining the regular cast of Downton Abbey in Season 4," Neamet tells PBS. "We hope audiences will be as excited about them as we are."
So, which actors, actresses and fresh characters will fans of this British sensation meet?
- Tom Cullen as Lord Gillingham, an old family friend of the Crawleys who will serve as a love interest for Mary.
- Nigel Harman will play a valet named Green.
- Dame Harriet Walter will come on board Lady Shackleton, a long-time pal of the Dowager.
- Joanne David as the Duchess of Yeovil.
- Julian Ovenden as Charles Blake, an aristocrat.
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa as a guest who sings in the residence..