ABC offered up a double dose of Once Upon a Time this week.
The Snow Queen then lost the urn to Rumpelstiltskin, prompting her to give Sorcerer’s Hat to the elderly apprentice in exchange for transport to our realm circa 1982, along with the vow that she’d reunite with Elsa as well as meet her "perfect" match third “sister,” who was about to be born.
In Storybrooke, meanwhile, Rumple secure the heart of someone who knew him before he grew into the Dark One (poor Hook, now the Crocodile’s puppet), while Robin came across a clue about the storybook’s author (a page suggesting an alternate course of events had they in fact met that night at the pub).
The Ice Queen also earned the power of all three “sisters” and used it to unleash the curse of Shattered Sight upon the town.
Overall, you should really watch Once Upon a Time online in order to understand all that went down, but here are some key bullet points:
- Under the spell of Shattered Sight, Anna acts like a real jery to Elsa, sharing some of the psychological damage her off-limits sibling thrust upon her during their Frozen upbringing.
- The Sorcerer’s apprentice provided Ingrid with a portal to The Land Without Magic circa 1982 (after she froze the castle and Anna/Kristoff).
- Robin referred to his night with Regina as the best “sleep” he’s had in a long time.
- Regina healed Henry at one point and reminded him that he possesses the Heart of the Truest Believer.
- Will Scarlett helped Robin rummage through books of the pop-up and Dr. Seuss variety. (Where did that Alternate Page XXIII come from? Hmmm….)
- The super-charged Snow Queen had the nerve to tell Rumple, “I can probably even defeat you, and decorate this place with your bones.” And the scariest part of the extra special, extra long episode? We totally believed her.