Skip to Content

In a new twist, Dr. Conrad Murray’s attorney, Michael Flanagan, says his client made a mistake in his initial interview in the Michael Jackson homicide investigation.

“Dr. Murray’s timeline of events the day Michael Jackson died is wrong,” he says. “Doctors make mistake. That is what he did, and it was simply that. A mistake.”

Really, Conrad Murray?

Jackson’s personal physician is changing the story he initially told police in the aftermath of MJ’s death – a significant move for the prosecution and defense.

According to police reports, Murray told the LAPD that he gave Propofol to Jackson at 10:50 a.m., then left Jackson alone for two minutes to go to the bathroom.

 DOCTOR ON TRIAL: Does Conrad Murray’s explanation hold water?

Murray then went on to say that when he returned to Jackson’s room, he wasn’t breathing and he began CPR. However, a 911 call wasn’t made until after noon.

In addition, a voicemail Conrad Murray left at 11:54 a.m. that day to another patient, Bob Russell, was released yesterday. Murray was calm and collected on it.

That seems dubious if Murray had been performing CPR on Jackson for an hour before the call. To that end, Flanagan says Murray was wrong about the timing.

The timeline of events surrounding the death of Jackson will most likely be central to the criminal charges – involuntary manslaughter – against Dr. Conrad Murray.

Some reports even say that both the defense and the prosecution plan to use the newly surfaced voicemail as a centerpiece to their case, which is fascinating.

Murray’s legal team aims to discredit cops’ initial interviews with their client in a bid to convince a jury they bungled the situation, according to some sources.

But Flanagan says that he believes his client simply made a mistake when it came to the timeline that fateful day. “Dr. Murray’s timeline was wrong,” he said.

He also suggested that there was reportedly another phone call between Murray and his girlfriend in Houston, shortly after noon. He called 911 at 12:21.

But if Murray did administer Propofol to Jackson at 10:50 a.m. as he initially said, it would be natural for cops to assume he did not check on him until later.

Police say he most likely left Jackson alone for approximately 73 minutes – not two minutes as he claimed – after administering Propofol, a powerful sedative.

This would be damaging to his defense. Murray’s calm call at 11:54 a.m. fits not only his defense, but a police theory that he simply left MJ alone for awhile.

Who do you believe?