Nine years ago this week, Aaron asked Cady what day it was in Mean Girls. So what better way to mark this occasion than with National Mean Girls Day?!
Okay, it's a bit of a stretch. But when it comes to celebrating Lindsay Lohan and Tina Fey's cinema classic, do you really need to justify your reasoning?
No. No you don't. Especially not considering how will has stood the test of time (unlike certain members of the Mean Girls cast who will remain nameless).
(We're talking about Lindsay Lohan.)
In all seriousness, Mean Girls has spawned some of the most iconic quotes of any film, to the point where people overuse them to an almost annoying degree.
That's their problem, though. Not Mean Girls' problem. So on National MGD, here's a look at our favorite lines, from the notorious to the nonsensical:
- "She doesn't even go here!"
- "One time I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flops. So I bought army pants and flip flops."
- "I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me. But I can't help it that I'm popular."
- "Is butter a carb?"
- "That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets."
- "Get in, loser. We're going shopping!"
- "Whatever. I'm getting cheese fries."
- "I can't go to Taco Bell, I'm on an all-carb diet! God, Karen! You're so stupid!"
- "Oh my god, Danny Devito! I love your work!"
- "We only carry sizes 1, 3 and 5. You could try Sears."
- "On Wednesdays we wear pink!"
- "That's so fetch!"
- "I'm not like a regular mom. I'm a cool mom."
- "Irregardless! Ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean, that's just like, the rules of feminism!"
- "If you're from Africa, then why are you white?"
- "Oh my god, Karen! You can't just ask people why they're white!"
- "'Made out with a hot dog'? Oh my god! That was one time!"
- "Four for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco!"
- "I can't go out. I'm sick." "Boo! You whore!"
- "Don't have sex. You will get pregnant and die."
Which of these Mean Girls quotes is your fave? Did we leave any of the best ones out? Will LiLo make it to the 20th anniversary? Share your comments below ...