How much do Dancing with the Stars cast members make for being on the show? It varies from one to another, but here's an example that proves it can be lucrative:
Front-runner Zendaya Coleman, 16, collected $125,000 to appear.
After that, she gets paid weekly depending how long she lasts ...
- Weeks 1 & 2: $125,000 guaranteed at the start
- Weeks 3 & 4: $10,000 per week ($20,000 total)
- Weeks 5 & 6: $20,000 per week ($40,000 total)
- Weeks 7 & 8: $30,000 per week ($60,000 total)
- Weeks 9 & 10: $50,000 per week ($100,000 total)
Potential grand total for all 10 weeks: $345,000!
So front-running teenager Zendaya, who some say benefits from an unfair advantage of youth, could rake in a huge amount for just three months of work.
It's unclear if any of the cast members make more than she does, and given this season it's not as likely, as the star wattage is dimmer than in the past.
Still ... not a bad gig if you're Zendaya. Or Sean Lowe.