Desiree Hartsock may not have won The Bachelor, but the fourth-place finisher will be handing out the roses as the new Bachelorette starting May 20.
The cutie said on The Bachelor: After The Final Rose special that she is “ready and open” to “to meet the man of her dreams” come this summer.
Despite the fact that she made it far and became a fan favorite, we still don't know that much about her. So here are some fun Desiree Hartsock facts:
1. She is a bridal stylist and a designer in Los Angeles. That will certainly come in handy if, as she hopes, she'll be wearing her own before too long!
2. She designed her own dress for the opening rose ceremony when she wowed Sean Lowe. Who is now engaged to Catherine Giudici, but still!
3. She's outdoorsy. Loves hiking in particular. Hope you're in shape, guys!
4. She grew up in Colorado before settling in Newport Beach, Calif.
5. Like Sean Lowe, Desiree is a loyal and devout Christian, whose Twitter often refers to God and his will. No wonder she made it so far with Sean.
Her Twitter has been quiet since March 11, of course, since filming for The Bachelorette is underway! Sounds like it's going well so far, too.
“OMG just saw Desiree on her first date for The Bachelorette! She’s so cute omg & we talked & the guy was so hot” tweeted a Twitter user this week.
Des was spotted “on the freeway in Sherman Oaks, California” at “like 2:00 pm” on March 16, driving with a very cute guy in a very cute convertible!
Life looks pretty good for her right now, for sure.
“Excellent first date for Dez!!! So important to get off to a good start!!!” tweeted producer Mike Fleiss. “Dez is doing great. Already a first kiss!!!”
Excited to see Des as The Bachelorette?