After the new star of The Bachelor was revealed last week, ABC received a collective "wow" reaction from fans. Just not the type of "wow" they were looking for.
"OMFG ... JAKE is the new Bachelor?!" This was the collective response here at THG headquarters. And we were far from alone in that exclamation of shock and blah.
But are we writing off Jake Pavelka too quickly?
Perhaps the backlash against the Dallas commercial pilot can be mostly attributed to greater adoration for Reid Rosenthal and/or Kiptyn Locke. Or perhaps not.
Here's a look at some of the pros and cons of Jake Pavelka. Think he'll be worth watching when The Bachelor when the long-running show returns in January?
JAKE SUCKS BECAUSE ...
- He sold out Wes Hayden. What a d!ck move.
- He was kinda angling for this the whole time.
- He's not Reid Rosenthal. What can you do.
- Jake is boring. That was why Jillian Harris rejected him on The Bachelorette. He seems like Mr. Perfect, yet only superficially. Odd choice for a star, no?
JAKE RULES BECAUSE ...
- He sold out Wes Hayden. Hey, it made for good TV.
- He really "believes in the process" for some reason.
- He's Chris Harrison endorsed. "I haven't spent a ton of time with him yet, but he seems like a good guy," Chris said. "I bet it's a really good season."
- He's open-minded about the gals' looks. "I'm looking for a heart of gold. Character. Someone that's compassionate and romantic. Passionate."
- Jake is hot. See pic above. No disputing this one.
Well? Will Jake Pavelka be a good Bachelor?