Hey, did you hear about today's comet landing?!?
No? Because you were too busy ogling a butt naked Kim Kardashian on the cover of Paper Magazine? Fair enough.
So here's a quick summary:
For the first time in the history of mankind, a spacecraft from Earth landed on the face of a comet.
The European Space Agency's Philae lander touched down on the 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko comet this morning while it was hurtling through very deep space.
Some folks out there actually did hear about the incredible feat of technology - and they proceeded to take over Twitter with the hashtag “#WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant.”
The gist of this online discussion followed how we’ve come so far as a society… and yet we still can’t accomplish some seemingly basic tasks. Such as?
The Internet is so glad you asked! Consider the following examples of the "WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant" hashtag:
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant order a McDonald's breakfast after 10:30 AM.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant-Come out with a phone that allows me to take selfies DURING a shower??
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant use apostrophes in hashtags.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant have another season of Sherlock before 2017.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant stop saying Hump Day on Wednesdays.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant have @Cinnabon delivery.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant get retail stores to stop setting up for Christmas before Thanksgiving.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant see the taste on some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
- #WeCanLandOnACometButWeCant take back the decision to give the power of global communication to the kind of people who make hashtag jokes.
And, finally, our favorite Tweet requires an affiliated photograph. We'll never forget, Jack...