As we talked about last week, The Bachelor finale will air Monday, March 2 from 8-10 p.m., followed by the standard “After the Final Rose” special from 10-11.
Then, as Bachelor host-pimp Chris Harrison said on Monday night's episode, there will be a second "After the Final Rose: Part 2" special on Tuesday, March 3.
Why a second special in an "intimate" setting after a "shocking" finale?
The Bachelor spoilers below may shock you. They may appall you. They may thrill you. In any case, people will be talking about this potentially epic conspiracy theory.
If you do not wish to read The Bachelor season finale spoilers, turn back now.
A dude who calls himself Reality Steve, and says he has inside information on good authority, claims the following events happen as The Bachelor season concludes:
- The promo that supposedly shows Jason Mesnick proposing to Melissa Rycroft - "given away" by her pinky ring and freckles - was real (and released on purpose). Jason chose Melissa in New Zealand. No editing.
- However, right now, Jason and Melissa are not together. Moreover ...
- At some point between the proposal in New Zealand and the taping of the first "After the Final Rose" special, Jason began secretly dating Molly Malaney.
- The first "After the Final Rose" special was filmed on January 18, rather than the week before the finale airs, as is the show's custom. In that hour, Jason ends his engagement with Melissa, and announces his relationship with Molly.
- The reason the second "After the Final Rose" special was added is to tell us Jason and Molly's story. Whether there is a marriage proposal involved is still anyone's guess, but the special will update us on their relationship.
All we can say is: O.M.G. Now that would be something.
Follow the jump for a nearly half-hour breakdown of this Bachelor insider's theory, as well as some of the major unanswered questions that remain if this Bachelor spoiler / conspiracy theory is truly to be believed ...
- Did Melissa Rycroft know any of this was happening?
- What role did Molly Malaney play in the whole charade?
- Was DeAnna Pappas' return merely a red herring to throw us off?
- Did ABC come to Jason Mesnick with this scenario - and did he intentionally do this to Melissa knowing he was getting rid of her that whole time?
- What about the seemingly great chemistry between Jason and Melissa?
- How could Jason have dated Molly in secret since the show ended when he and the two finalists on The Bachelor have been under lock and key?
- Jason said in interviews he was engaged and happy - was that a lie? Who was he talking about? Does it depend on when the interviews took place?
It's very confusing, and remains only a theory.
Check out the videos below if you wish to hear Reality Steve ramble about this for way too long, but we've pretty much summed it up for you above.
Leave a comment with your thoughts and your own theories about what will go down on The Bachelor finale - and what we have been led to believe.
[video url="/videos/the-bachelor-spoilers-part-ii/" title="The Bachelor Spoilers: Part II"] [/video]