Lindsay Lohan Trial Coverage

lindsay lohan court photo

Trial Sentencing Update:  A plea deal was negotiated, with Lohan serving 90 days in a lockdown rehabilitation center.  She must also complete 18 months of psychotherapy, with credit for session time already completed.

The judge also explained that Lindsay must submit immediately to a search and seizure of her personal property at any time per the request of police or other officers of the court.

Following rehab she must complete thirty days of community service in New York.

Attorney Mark Heller spoke to reporters after court.  He said, "Justice was served today.  Lindsay was afforded an opportunity to address the allegations against her.  The prosecutor treated her fairly.  Lindsay has indicated that she was extremely gratified with the outcome."

His statement was interrupted by Michael Lohan, who charged the podium to hurl insults at the legal eagle and  threaten him with disbarment because he kept Lindsay in the dark about what was really going on behind the scenes, and "lied to her."

The dramatic grandstanding stunt by LiLo's father in front of the press was typical and we're not totally sure if he was blowing smoke or had some legal basis for his allegations of client misrepresentation.  For that matter ... since when did Lindsay allow her father to get involved in her legal affairs?  The answer is NEVER.

Heller must return to the L.A. court on May 2nd to provide proof that his client is enrolled in a rehabilitation program.


Lindsay Lohan's trial was supposed begin this morning promptly at 8:30 a.m. PDT.  She made her grand appearance 48 minutes late ... which is nothing unusual for her.

The struggling actress will attempt to counter a charge of lying to police after crashing her Porshe last June on Pacific Coast Highway.

She was offered a plea bargain that included rehab and house arrest but she has decided to leave her punishment up the a jury.  If convicted she could spend 2-3 months behind bars followed by a lengthy rehab stint.

The truck driver involved in the crash is in the courtroom as well as Lindsay's father Michael Lohan.

Lohan was on board a commercial flight from New York yesterday but got off during a delay caused by a suspected fuel leak.  Ironically, that flight did arrive safely in Los Angeles at 11:30 p.m. Sunday night.

In a last ditch effort to get from one coast to another, she called a business contact at Pink Energy Drink, who arranged the flight to LAX on their private jet, which took off at 4:00 a.m. eastern.  The plane landed at LAX at 8:35 a.m., a 20 minute drive from the courthouse.

To show her appreciation, Lohan tweeted, "Thanks Mr. Pink for the private jet.  See you all in a few hours in LA. @drinkmrpink @sheerazhasan"

She arrived 48 minutes late wearing a white dress that she put on in the car during the drive from the airport.  As she strolled into the courthouse someone in the crowd threw gold glitter in her direction.

We will update throughout the trial, so be sure to check back often.  We will also post the updates on our Facebook page so be sure to follow.

You can watch the trial live here.

Photo Credit: