Marrying into the British Royal Family is a unique -- and uniquely daunting -- experience.
Sure, your new royal title comes with its fair share of perks, but in many ways, your life is no longer your own.
Look at Meghan Markle's situation, for example.
She's a 37-year-old self-made millionaire who's about to welcome her first child.
She's a duchess, married to one of the most sought-after men on the planet, and she's high on the list of the world's most recognizable celebs.
And yet, when Meghan wants to strike out on her own and carve a new path for her growing family, she has to ask permission from a 92-year-old woman.
And in this case, the 92-year-old woman hit Meg with a hard "hell no."
As you may have heard, Meghan and Harry have relocated to Frogmore Cottage.
It was a controversial move, as the original plan was for the couple to continue living in Kensington Palace nearby Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The move bolstered rumors of a feud between Meghan and Kate, but it's possible the Duke and Duchess of Sussex just wanted a bit more space of their own, what with them being as a married couple in their thirties with a kid on the way.
The Sussexes needed the Queen's permission in order to relocate, and while she consented, it seems she wasn't thrilled about the move.
According to a new report from London's Sunday Times, Meg and Harry "lobbied for an autonomous new court" that would operate from their home at Frogmore.
But apparently, the Queen and her son Prince Charles basically told Meg and Harry to get used to commuting, because the couple has been denied funding for such an office.
It's all a bit confusing, but basically, the Queen grudgingly granted the Sussexes permission to move out of London, but they will not be permitted to attend to their royal duties way out in the boonies of Frogmore.
Prior to Meg and Harry's move, Buckingham Palace issued a statement confirming that the Queen "has agreed to the creation of a new household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year.
"The household, which will be created with the support of The Queen and the Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring."
So these two got what they wanted in terms of living arrangements.
But as for work, it seems they'll continue sharing office space with Will and Kate.
"The Duke of Sussex currently has his own private office, which has been supporting The Duchess since the engagement of Their Royal Highnesses in November 2017," the statement continued.
"This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for The Duke and Duchess's work are in place as they start their family and move to their official residence at Frogmore Cottage."
In order to cover up the fact that Meg and Harry have been publicly rebuffed, the statement added that the Queen has "given permission for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to base their Household Office at Buckingham Palace,"
In other words, they were "granted permission" to continue doing what they'd already been doing.
Like we said, royal life ain't all it's cracked up to be.
And unfortunately, even duchesses can't behead their in-laws.