As fans mourn the death of music icon and superstar Prince, they can all agree on one thing.
He went too soon.
Prince was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Minnesota home yesterday morning at age 57, and the world has been pondering the reason for the star's death since the news broke.
The Carver County Sheriff's Office held a press conference today and divulged new details surrounding the singer's untimely demise.
"The information we have for now is he was last seen at 8 p.m. on Wednesday night," Sheriff Olson told reporters.
"Staff members at Paisley Park were unable to locate Prince yesterday, and went to check on him."
He added that police responded to the 911 emergency call at 9:43 a.m.
Prince was pronounced dead 24 minutes later, at 10:07 a.m.
While the sheriff said the case was only 29 hours old and continuing to evolve, he said there was "no reason to believe this was a suicide."
He also revealed that there were "no obvious signs of trauma" on the body, and that Prince was wearing pants and a shirt when he was found.
Earlier today, the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office completed an autopsy on Prince's body, which was later released to his family.
They indicated that results of the toxicology scan could take weeks, and they will continue to investigate.
This morning, TMZ reported that six days before his death, Prince was treated for an overdose of the prescription pain killer Percoset, which he was said to be taking for hip pain.
The sheriff would not confirm whether he drugs were involved in the death.