Whatever you do, please do not call Ariana Grande "Big Sean's ex." Really, we don't recommend using that terminology if you value your life.
The singer made it abundantly clear just now much she hates that label in a candid, blunt and pointed Twitter tirade that you have to read ...
Ariana writes, "I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man’s past, present or future PROPERTY/POSSESSION."
So just FYI: "I do not. Belong. To anyone. But myself."
Grande blasted the music industry, and society in general, for being made to feel like she needed to have a man by her side for the past eight years.
Or else she would be a loser, the implication being.
"After being on my own now for a few months I am realizing that that's just not the case," the 21-year-old pop star reflects.
"I have never felt more present, grounded and satisfied. I've ever laughed harder or had more fun or enjoyed my life more."
She wasn't done by a long shot. Grande just WENT OFF on society's sexual double standards in a series of pointed Tweets:
- "If a women has a lot of sex (or any sex for that matter)….she’s a 'slut.'"
- "If a man has sex….HE’S. A. STUD. a BOSSSSSS. A KING."
- "If a woman even TALKS about sex openly ... she is shamed!"
- "But if a man talks or RAPS freely about all the women (or more commonly used “bitches”/”hoes” ... how lovely) he’s had ... he is regaled."
- "If a woman is seen with a friend who has a penis, there is an immediate assumption of romance or sex and she is labeled!!"
- "IF a man is seen with a woman ... his status is elevated / celebrated. “AWW SHIIIIT HE SMASHED!!!1!!1!”
Not exactly new arguments, but unexpected to hear from someone usually as reserved as Ariana, and very hard to argue.
As previously reported, the once-smitten Ariana Grande and Big Sean broke up back in April after 8-9 months together.
It was rumored that Sean referencing Grande's vagina - or billion-dollar p--sy to be more precise - in song lyrics played a role.
As for reports that Ariana is now dating Niall Horan of One Direction, just because they are hanging out doesn't mean anything.
As Grande said, echoing one of her previous tweets above: "A girl can be friends with someone with a d--k and not hop on it."
Yes. Yes she can.