The much-hyped Bruce Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer has come and gone.
But its impact is likely to be felt for years, if not generations, to come.
The reality star and former Olympic Gold Medalist sat in front of millions of viewers on Friday night and shed some important light on living life as a transgender individual, saying in no uncertain terms:
"For all intents and purposes, I am a woman."
With those words, the Bruce Jenner sex change went from being a punchline to a source of inspiration.
Jenner also opened up about him Kim Kardashian was the first family member to know of his female soul, going on to say the following:
- He's not gay. He's never slept with a man.
- He "downplayed" his cross-dressing while married to Kris Jenner, but she knew about it and mostly ignored it.
- He's a "conservative" Republican.
- He wants to be a transgender role model: "I had this feeling, kind of a revelation, that maybe this is my cause in life. This is why God put me on this earth ... to deal with this issue.'
- After being caught last year getting a tracheal shave, he contemplated suicide. Fortunately, he later thought: I can't do something like that. I want to know how this story ends.
- He's taking hormones and he plans on undergoing some other physical changes: "Those are all things that are out there in the future for me to explore. I would do it so quietly, no one in the world would ever know."
In response to these revelations, Twitter blew up last night, mostly with heaps of praise from celebrities who admire Jenner's courage to talk about this important cause.
Click through their words of encouragement above and add your own in the Comments section below.