Did you hear? Jane Carrey, daughter of beloved actor Jim Carrey, received a golden ticket to Hollywood on American Idol this week.
But the 24-year old still has a long way to go until she’s considered one of the premiere celebrity offspring singers. That’s right, there are a number of famous artists with similarly famous parents. We count them down below…
10. Hank Williams Jr. – Son of Hank Williams Sr. Loses points for being a narrow-minded moron.
9. Lisa Marie Presley – Daughter of Elvis Presley. Never responsible for any major hits. But her kiss of Michael Jackson at the 1994 MTV Video Music Awards was sort of a musical moment that will last forever.
8. Natalie Cole – Daughter of Nat King Cole. Who will ever forget the digitally-recorded, aptly-titled duet between father and child, “Unforgettable?”
7. Robin Thicke – Son of Alan Thicke. Has written songs for Jennifer Hudson, Usher and Mary J. Blige. Impressive!
6. Willow Smith – Daughter of Will and Jada Smith. Hasn’t accomplished a great deal since whipping her hair all around, but is only 11. Still has time.
5. Jane Carrey – Daughter of Jim Carrey. Will move up a lot higher if she wins American Idol.
4. Jordin Sparks – Daughter of former NFL star Phillipi Sparks. Idol champion. Super Bowl national anthem singer. Broadway actress.
3. Chynna Phillips – Daughter of John Phillips. Would not even had made this list a year ago. But did you see Bridesmaids?!? A surprise top three entrant.
2. Liza Minnelli – Daughter of Judy Garland. Veteran of the song and stage industry, has won an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony Award. Also, recurred on Arrested Development.
1. Miley Cyrus. Daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. No Oscar, Emmy, Grammy or Tony Award. But advanced to the finals of our first-ever tournament of THG.
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FAMOUS OFFSPRING SINGER?