Lady Gaga won three awards, rocked a Marie-Antoinette-on-steroids wig and paid tribute to the late Alexander McQueen at the Brit Awards in London on Tuesday.
All in a night's work.
"Thank you to Lee McQueen," she said, using the celebrity fashion icon's real name, prior to a rendition of "Poker Face," "Telephone" and "Dance in the Dark."
"I was really excited to win the first two awards," she added. "They mean even more to me because I worked so hard on this album (The Fame) for so long."
In addition to being named Best Breakthrough Act at the awards gala, Lady Gaga also left the building having been named Best International Female.
Lady Gaga in a look only Lady Gaga can pull off.
She topped Rihanna, Norah Jones, Shakira and Taylor Swift for that. We didn't know Taylor Swift could lose anything, so you know that's impressive.
No doubt Matthew Williams was quite proud of his girlfriend.
Follow this link for THG's recent retrospective at the best of Lady Gaga fashion, then jump for a list of winners from the 2010 Brit Awards last night:
- International Album: The Fame, Lady Gaga
- International Male Solo Artist: Jay-Z
- International Female Solo Artist: Lady Gaga
- International Breakthrough Act: Lady Gaga
- British Male Solo Artist: Dizzee Rascal
- British Female Solo Artist: Lily Allen
- British Breakthrough Act: JLS
- British Group: Kasabian
- British Album: Lungs, Florence & the Machine
- British Single: "Beat Again," JLS
- Brit Awards Performance of Last 30 Years: Spice Girls, "Wannabe"/"Who Do You Think You Are," 1997
- Brits Album of the Last 30 Years: (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
- British Producer: Paul Epworth
- Critics' Choice: Ellie Goulding
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: Robbie Williams