Last week, to the surprise of no one, Paris Hilton and Doug Reinhart broke up.
The pair had recently hinted at an engagement, but that’s nothing new for Paris.
As we take readers back through the sordid love life of Hilton, it’s apparent that she can be serious about getting the most attention she can from a relationship one moment… and single the next.
- After hooking up in December 2003, Hilton and Nick Carter end their romance. Years later, Carter said he cheated on Hilton with Ashlee Simpson.
- Rick Salomon introduces Hilton to the world with 1 Night in Paris. In an incredible coincidence, the sex tape is released just a few weeks prior to Hilton’s reality TV debut.
- After five months of dating (her first) Greek shipping heir, Paris Latsis, an engagement is announced by Hilton’s spokesperson. “They are happy and excited,” he said, just a few weeks before he announces their break-up.
- Paris and another Greek shipping heir, Stavros Niarchos, break up and get back together often. As recently as November 2008, there are rumors that they’re still getting it on.
- Desperate Housewives star Josh Henderson proves that he’s desperate for an STD test, as well. He and Hilton and are spotted out a few times.
- Hilton and Criss Angel cozy up to one another, in clubs and in between the sheets. Paris is the sloppy seconds of Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, all of whom were rumored to have slept with the magician.
- Paris closes the year by opening up her legs again; this time, for some dude named Alex Vaggo. He’s never heard from again.
- Paris gets serious immediately with Benji Madden. After fewer than two months of dating, she says “I’ve never felt so happy and in love.” They break up in November.
- In April, Hilton says Reinhart “is going to be my husband.” They break up in June.