Besides the story lines progressively sucking harder each year, Grey's Anatomy seems to have a major problem on its hands: keeping its cast intact.
The newest rumor, which has pretty much been confirmed: T.R. Knight (George O'Malley) wants out of his contract and the show is poised to oblige.
In the past year and a half, we've now seen ...
- Isaiah Washington refer to Knight by a gay slur twice, ultimately causing Knight to come out of the closet and Washington to be dismissed
- Katherine Heigl, one season after winning an Emmy Award for her role on the show, publicly complain that her character's story lines suck
- Kate Walsh bolt for a medicore spin-off, Private Practice
- Brooke Smith get hired as a full-time cast member, then fired just 10 episodes later after ABC didn't like her character's girl-on-girl action
- T.R. Knight, having allegedly become a malcontent, ask to be released from the show, which he soured on ever since Washington-gate
This is too bad, as Knight was always a bright spot and fan favorite on the series. At least he and his boyfriend, Mark Cornelsen, are still going strong. Here they are out seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in L.A. last night ...
T.R. Knight may hate his job like you, reading this at work when you should be filing TPS reports, but he and Mark Cornelsen remain happy. [Photo Credit: Splash News]