Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death on Super Bowl Sunday has officially been ruled “accidental” by the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York.
The office said that an “acute mixed drug intoxication including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamines” was the Oscar-winning thespian's undoing.
Hoffman, 46, was found unconscious in his Manhattan apartment at 11:15 a.m. on Feb. 2 by friend and screenwriter David Bar Katz, who called 911.
Unresponsive following his apparently massive overdose of heroin, he could not be revived. Police called Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at the scene.
He was expected to pick up his kids that day but didn't show up. He and his estranged, longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell had three young children together.
Police found nearly 50 envelopes branded "Ace of Spades" filled with what they believe was heroin in the NYC apartment, two law enforcement sources said.