As 2007 draws to a close, it's time to reflect and pay tribute to the stars who made this a year to remember. On that note, The Hollywood Gossip is announcing its 10 finalists for its first annual Celebrity of the Year award.
They've given us their best, their worst and, in a more than a few cases, their naked pictures. Now it is time for us to give a little something back with this special feature, because without these celebrities, we are nothing.
We previously profiled attention-starved rich people from The Hills at #6. Now, without further delay, we present Celebrity of the Year finalist #5 â€¦ A slew of celebrity sex tape stars!
While many may remember 2007 as the year the war in Iraq raged on and on, those in the entertainment news world will mark it down as an era during which we were taken from camping out on the front lawns of celebrities... to receiving an up close and personal view of what goes on in their bedrooms.
With that in mind, we present the 2007 Celebrity Sex Tape Awards:
- Most Career Enhancing: Kim Kardashian. Paris Hilton's former BFF learned from the master. Getting reamed by Ray J has led to a reality TV show and a spot atop the celebrity gossip world for this socialite.
- Least Surprising: Amy Fisher. She shot her former lover's wife in the face. After that, nothing could really surprise us.
- Most Explicit: Olivia Mojica. The former American Idol contestant didn't possess the singing ability to go far on the country's most popular reality show. So Mojica chose to show us her other, more hard core talents as punishment for not voting for her.
- Sex Tape Featuring Least Famous and Least Attractive Girl: Jennifer Toof. Or Toastee Toof. This former Flavor of Love girl was so unknown at the time of her video's release that we still aren't sure what to call her.
- Best Attempt at a Sex Tape: Vanessa Hudgens and Katie Rees (tie). Sorry, ladies, but it takes more than naked photos to be counted in this group.
- Most Exciting, Untrue Sex Tape Rumors: Lauren Conrad and Britney Spears (tie). Maybe next year we'll experience the real thing. Speaking of which...
- Sex Tape Star We Most Hope to Write About in 2008: Hayden Panettiere. What? She's 18 now. It's okay if we admit this.