by Tyler Johnson at . Comments

CBS reporter Lara Logan took a forced leave of absence following her botched Benghazi report that relied heavily on testimony from a security consultant who was later revealed to be lying. 

Lara Logan Image

Now, that unfortunate chapter in Logan's life has been re-opened as reports surfaced today that CBS is attempting to remove evidence of Logan's faulty coverage from the Internet.

Video and transcripts of the now-infamous 60 Minutes segment were removed from the CBS website today and the network reportedly demanded that all evidence of the report be removed from research service Lexis-Nexis.

Search results for the transcript from last October turn up a message indicating that the text has been "deleted at the request of CBS News due to legal or copyright issues."

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

CBS has ordered 60 Minutes correspondent Lara Logan and her producer to take a leave of absence after a review of their botched story on Benghazi.

The show's October 2013 story focused on the raid on the U.S. embassy in that Libyan city last year, and Logan relied heavily on a marginal source.

60 Minutes interviewed a security contractor who said he was at the U.S. mission in Libya the night it was attacked and tried to fend off the attackers.

However, questions were raised about whether the source was lying.

A CBS internal report obtained by the AP this week found that the reporter and network did a poor job vetting the story, for which Logan has apologized.

CBS Chairman Jeff Fager, who is also the 60 Minutes executive producer, asked Logan and her producer, Max McClellan, to take a leave of absence.

The length of time of her time off the air has not been determined.

by Free Britney at . Comments

CBS News' Lara Logan has been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after the horrific sexual assault she survived at the hands of a mob in Cairo, Egypt.

The journalist revealed she has PTSD and that memories of the incident continue to haunt her nearly a year following the attack on February 11 of a year ago.

"People don't really know that much about [post-traumatic stress disorder]," she told the New York Daily News. "There's something called latent PTSD."

"It manifests itself in different ways. I want to be free of it, but I'm not."

The 40-year-old journalist said the nightmares come at unexpected times, for instance, when she's tucking her infant daughter in for bed at night.

"It simply doesn't go away," Lara Logan noted. "It's not something I keep track of. It's not predictable like that. But it happens more than I'd like."

The battle-hardened war reporter was covering the celebrations in Tahrir Square the night the government of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak fell.

That's when she was swarmed by group of men who tore her clothes off and, as she told 60 Minutes, for 25 minutes, "raped me with their hands."

Logan felt she would die a "torturous death" and was only saved by some courageous women who surrounded her until soldiers pulled her to safety.

Here's hoping she can put it all behind her one day.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

For the first time since she was assaulted by a mob in Egypt, Lara Logan is telling her story.

"There was a moment that everything went wrong," the CBS reporter said to 60 Minutes, adding that her clothes were "torn to pieces" by a group of protesters.

The long-time journalist feared for her life during the attack.

"There was no doubt in my mind that I was in the process of dying. I thought not only am I going to die, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever," she explained to correspondent Scott Pelley.

Continue Reading...

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Lara Logan is resting at home and sources say the CBS reporter is in good spirits, following a savage attack at the hands of Egypt protesters.

But a new report details just how brutal of a beating Logan suffered at the hands of these rioters on February 11.

Sources tell The Sunday Times of London that attackers used fists and flag poles against Logan, while wounds that remained hours later were the result of ""aggressive pinching." It all began around 1 a.m. local time, as a crowd of approximately 200 people shouted "Spy!" and "Israeli!," surrounding Logan and her co-workers in the wake of President Hosni Mubarak's resignation.

One security guard had his hand broken.

A group of women and soldiers eventually came to the aid of Logan and company. They pulled her away from the mob and back to the Four Seasons, where a hotel doctor treated her and gave her a sedative.

"Lara is getting better daily," a friend told the newspaper. "The psychological trauma is as bad as, if not worse than, the physical injuries. She might talk about it at some time in the future, but not now."

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

We have a few updates on journalist Lara Logan and, given her situation, all are as positive as one could hope for.

The 39-year old is at home and resting comfortably, surrounded by her husband and two children. In other news:

  • An insider familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal that the attack lasted 20 to 30 minutes and "was not a rape."
  • It took place a week after Logan and her crew were already arrested once in Egypt. She returned to interview Wael Ghonim, the Google executive who played a role in organizing the uprising that led to Hosni Mubarak's resignation.
  • Said Logan to Esquire of that ordeal: "We were arrested, detained, and interrogated. Blindfolded, handcuffed, taken at gunpoint, our driver beaten. It's the regime that arrested us. They arrested [our producer] just outside of his hotel, and they took him off the road at gunpoint, threw him against the wall, handcuffed him, blindfolded him. Took him into custody like that."
  • Friends say Logan plans to be back to work within a few weeks and is in good spirits.
  • Possessing an "incredibly tough constitution, she is going to be okay," a source added.

THG continues to wish Logan a full recovery and encourages readers to do the same.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Anderson Cooper has Tweeted out a response to the unsettling news about Lara Logan and her attack at the hands of Egyptian protesters.

The CNN anchor, who left the country soon after he and his crew were also assaulted while covering that nation's recent uprising, simply wrote: "Sickened and saddened by the attack on Lara Logan. She is in all of our thoughts and prayers.”

That Silver Fox

Logan is a native of South Africa and has worked as the CBS Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for years.

In the wake of this February 11 incident, she was flown home and hospitalized. She is now resting at home in the D.C. area with her husband and two kids.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

This is simply horrific:

CBS News reports that Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Lara Logan, covering the political uprising in Egypt, was attacked on Friday, moments after President Hosni Mubarak resigned his post.

According to the network, Logan was "separated from her crew" during the frenzy of Mubarak's resignation and "suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers."

Reunited with her team, Logan returned to her hotel and was flown to the United States Saturday morning. She is in the hospital recovering.

While not nearly as serious, Anderson Cooper was also attacked during his coverage of the upheaval in Egypt earlier this month. A week prior to her assault, Logan and her crew were detained today by police outside the Israeli embassy.

Our thoughts and prayer are with Lara Logan.

× Close Ad