This just in: Adele had a very good 2011.
The singer - who is recovering from throat surgery and said this week she may not release a new CD for a couple years - sat atop the music world this year with the number-one single, number-one video and, unless something miraculous takes place in the next four weeks, the number-one album.
"21" is on pace to be the the first album to sell five million copies in 12 months since Usher's "Confessions" in 2004.
Based on Nielsen SoundScan, here are the top-selling albums of 2011:
- Adele, 21 - 4,817,000 copies sold
- Lady Gaga, Born This Way - 1,973,000
- Lil Wayne, Tha Carter IV - 1,776,000
- Jason Aldean, My Kinda Party - 1,389,000
- Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More - 1,328,000
- Jay-Z/Kanye West, Watch The Throne - 1,124,000
- Michael Buble, Christmas - 1,038,000
- Beyonce, 4 - 956,000
- Lady Antebellum, Own The Night - 908,000
- Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - 907,000