by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Another day, another beauty pageant controversy.

Not long after Jenna Talackova was booted from the Miss Universe Canada contest due to her transgender status, Torika Watters has lost her title of Miss Fiji.

The 16-year old was set to represent her tiny nation in the upcoming Miss World pageant, except for the detail that representatives must be at least 17 years old. But that's not the only scandal following around this young beauty.

Torika Watters Picture

Immediately upon winning the crown last month, Watters faced mounting criticism over her appearance, specifically that she lacked "buiniga," the local word to describe the naturally-frizzy Fijian hairstyle.

A pageant spokeswoman told ABC News in Australia that organizers have received "nothing but negative criticism and remarks from our own people" about the selection of Torika.

"While we appreciate a healthy discussion and feedback on our page, violent or racist comments will not be tolerated," the Miss Fiji spokeswoman said.

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

Sarah Tressler, a 30-year-old reporter who was fired by the Houston Chronicle because of her second job as a stripper, has filed a formal complaint against her former newspaper employer, alleging sex discrimination.

Tressler was working as a society and general assignment reporter for the Chronicle and writing an anonymous blog entitled "Diary of an Angry Stripper" when another paper, the Houston Press, revealed her part-time profession.

She said the major newspaper fired her "because of a claim that I did not disclose on my employment application that I worked as an exotic dancer."

"I feel that women should not be denied other employment because they have worked as an exotic dancer," said Tressler, in response to her dismissal.

Tressler has hired high-profile attorney Gloria Allred and filed a charge of gender discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Allred said Tressler was stripping as an independent contractor, not an employee, so she had no reason to list exotic dancing on her job application.

"Most exotic dancers are female, and therefore terminating an employee because they had previously been an exotic dancer would have an adverse impact on women, since it is a female dominated occupation," Allred said.

Sarah Tressler getting canned ...

 

by Free Britney at . Comments

The masseur suing John Travolta for sexual battery in a Beverly Hills hotel is admitting a major hole in his shocking story - that the date he claimed the actor groped his crotch - January 16 of this year - is wrong.

John Doe #1 still maintains the attack happened, however.

Travolta’s lawyer has insisted from the beginning that he was in New York City during the alleged massage gone awry, proving it with flight records.

The anonymous accuser's account of the incident remains the same, however, but in a significant development, he now says it took place earlier.

John Travolta Picture

“It was a miscalculation,” one source claims about him claiming the wrong date. "The lawsuit will likely be amended, but it doesn't change the facts.”

Meanwhile, the Atlanta resort hotel where John Travolta stayed at when he allegedly sexually assaulted a second masseur has been put on notice.

The hotel is preserving its surveillance video as evidence in the lawsuit filed by the man, also unidentified and also seeking $2 million in damages.

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

Troubled Teen Mom star Amber Portwood is back in an Indiana jail after local prosecutors claimed she lied about a medical condition to avoid a drug test.

As part of her probation, Portwood is required to undergo a weekly test and drug court appointment. She was apparently a no-show at last week.

Amber told officials that she was on doctor-ordered bed rest following laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and required to remains so for 2-3 weeks.

A good excuse ... if only it were legitimate.

Teen Mom's Amber Portwood

Amazingly, Amber Portwood's case manager didn't want to take the reality star's word for it. After he spoke to the doctor directly, he learned she lied.

The doctor insisted she WAS well enough to attend her court obligations, and Amber was immediately hauled back to jail for missing the appointment.

Because of the obvious violation of her probation, she's expected to stay behind bars for at least a few weeks until a judge decides the next step.

This isn't her first drug test no-show ... or legal issue stemming from her own lies. She also underreported her income to score government-subsidized housing.

[Photo: Fame/Flynet]

by Free Britney at . Comments

And then there were three.

Another man has come forward with allegations that John Travolta sexually harassed him. Fabian Zanzi says Travolta came onto him on a cruise ship.

The Chilean-born Zanzi alleges Travolta accosted him while he was working on a Royal Caribbean ship in 2009. The actor was a guest on the boat.

Zanzi, a former employee of the cruise line, was in charge of VIP guests for the ship when the alleged incident involving John Travolta took place.

Zanzi gave South American news website ABC.es the following account:

John Travolta Hair

"He had something on his neck. I thought it was fuzz. As I approached, he took off his white coat and was naked. He hugged me and asked me to do a massage."

Zanzi alleges that Travolta offered $12,000 to have sex, but he says he refused. Zanzi says he will file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Travolta.

As previously reported, in a shocking lawsuit against John Travolta filed this week, two unidentified masseurs allege that Travolta sexually assaulted them.

They are suing the actor for $2 million in damages. Each. Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, has vehemently denied the sexual battery allegations.

Travolta has been married to actress Kelly Preston since 1991 and has two children. Their eldest child, Jett, tragically passed away in 2009.

[Photo: Pacific Coast News]

by Free Britney at . Comments

Denver Nuggets center Chris "Birdman" Andersen has been "excused indefinitely" from the NBA team as officials investigate him for crimes against children.

Authorities searched Andersen's Larkspur, Colo., home Thursday morning and seized property. Andersen, 33, has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

"The Denver Nuggets are aware of media reports involving Chris Andersen. It involves a legal investigation and we await further details," team officials wrote.

Chris Andersen Pic

The team declined further comment, as did Andersen, who has not played in the team's playoff series against the L.A. Lakers, which is now died at 3-3.

Douglas County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Deborah Sherman said the investigation is open but would not speak on the allegations against Andersen.

"It could include many different things. Right now we're not saying. They literally just got the property this morning," Sherman told reporters Thursday.

The spokesman went on to add, "The Sheriff's Office did contact Mr. Andersen this morning while he was at his house, and he cooperated fully."

With his colorful tattoos, hustle on the court and charitable endeavors, the reserve player has been a fan favorite in Denver area for years now.

Continue Reading...

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

This is one of the stranger, more disturbing videos in recent memory.

With Thomas and Nancy Beatie undergoing divorce procedures - and with the former, known as "The Pregnant Man" for his transgender surgery, filing charges of assault against the latter - TMZ has uncovered a video filmed by Thomas from a few months ago.

In it, we see Nancy awaken from a passed out stupor; drag her daughter around; scream at her husband; and then attack him with what she continually refers to as "my computer."

Thomas is oddly calm throughout most of the incident... until Nancy threatens to drop the laptop into the pool. At this, Thomas completely loses it, crying and screaming, while his daughter does the same. It's all very odd - why is he videotaping? Why is his reaction to the fate of the computer more extreme than his reaction to Nancy putting her hands on their child?

The Beaties are due in court next week to work on custody arrangement and child support payments. This video is expected to be used as evidence against Nancy.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Sean Bean rose to major fame last year thanks to his role in Game of Thrones. But the charges levied against the actor yesterday are far from playful.

According to UK's The Daily Mail, Bean was arrested by local police after allegedly placing harassing phone calls and sending abusive text messages to his ex-wife, actress Georgina Sutcliffe.

He was booked at Holborn police station and forced to give DNA/fingerprint samples.

Sean Bean Picture

No other details are available at this time, but the couple split in 2010, citing "irreconcilable differences" in their divorce papers. They had been wed for two years after meeting in 2003.

Bean, who currently appears in the ABC drama Missing, has been married four times.

by Free Britney at . Comments

Hollywood film executive Gavin Smith is reportedly missing, and the surprising details - or lack thereof - about the family man's disappearance have left his wife, kids and colleagues searching for answers.

Smith was staying at a friend's house and drove off, without a word, in his black Mercedes around 10 p.m. one night last week. He never came back.

The 57-year-old was reported missing by his wife Wednesday when he failed to pick up his son to take him to school and then did not call into work.

Gavin Smith Photo

Smith's wife, kids, and sister told ABC News that the former UCLA basketball star and 20th Century Fox movie exec would never abandon his family.

"He would never do that. He's a great father. My dad had no reason to leave," said Evan Smith, Gavin's eldest son and a basketball player at USC.

The family would not say why Smith, an 18-year veteran in the movie industry, was staying with a family friend in Oak Park, Calif., Tuesday night.

He had reportedly returned earlier that that day from a movie convention in Las Vegas and was supposed to stay the night there, but the family said it was unusual that he left that home at 10 p.m. without warning.

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

The lawyer for the two masseurs suing John Travolta for sexual assault claims others have come forward with similar stories and will join the lawsuit.

Okorie Okorocha, who reps John Travolta accuser (John Doe) #1 and #2, says he's keeping their identities secret because they're victims of sex crimes.

He also says he fears backlash against the men from the powerful actor.

A John Travolta Photo

Okorocha claims he tried settling the first sexual battery lawsuit involving John Doe #1 discretely, telling Travolta's lawyers they could go through a private judge and keep everything completely confidential, only to be rebuffed.

Okorocha also says Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, is off base when he says the movie legend was not in L.A. January 16, as he vehemently insists.

That's date the first incident allegedly occurred, and Okorocha says during their initial discussions, Travolta's lawyers conceded the actor was in L.A.

The second alleged victim came forward days with a similar account of Travolta paying for a massage, then propositioning him/groping his genitals.

It's unclear how many other men may join the salacious lawsuit, if any, but the first two John Does are seeking $2 million in damages ... apiece.

[Photo: WENN.com]

× Close Ad