by Hilton Hater at . Comments

And the award for Most Random Celebrity to Make News on Oscar Night goes to... Sean Young!

The actress was booked on charges of misdemeanor battery last night after an alleged incident outside the Governor Balls in Hollywood, an annual Academy Awards party hosted by the Academy itself.

Sean Young Pic

Sources tell TMZ that Young was hanging out with friends near the entrance of the party when she was asked to leave because she didn't have an invitation.

When Young returned a short while later, a security guard placed his hand on her shoulder, in an attempt to escort her off the premises, when Young reportedly slapped him and was placed under citizen's arrest until the LAPD arrived and took her into custody.

Young left the police station around 1:45 a.m. local time.

[Photo: WENN.com]

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

The family of Whitney Houston is reacting to The National Enquirer posting a photo of that singer's corpse as you might expect: with outrage and heartbreak.

TMZ cites sources who say Whitney's mother, Cissy, is especially distraught over the tabloid actually taking this measure, but there are no plans to open any kind of investigation into the source of this photo, which the newspaper has the nerve to refer to as "beautiful."

Enquirer Cover

Meanwhile, Carolyn Whigham, owner of the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, tells The Daily News that neither she nor her staff had anything to do with the image or its leak.

"We did not take that photo. We did not sell the photo. We would never do something like that," she said to the newspaper. "Whitney was a friend. I’m the one who flew to Los Angeles and got Whitney from the coroner’s office. I did everything to protect her.”

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Bruce Beresford-Redman, the former Survivor producer accused of killing his wife in Mexico two years ago, is speaking out for the first time and proclaiming his innocence.

"Everyone seems to have decided that I killed my wife," he tells 48 Hours Mystery in an episode airing Saturday at 10 p.m. "I didn't kill my wife – I really didn't."

Pic of Bruce Beresford-Redman

In April 2010, the body of Monica Beresford-Redman turned up naked and beaten in a sewer near a resort in Cancun where she was vacationing with Bruce and their two children.

Beresford-Redman, who was extradited to Mexico this month for the crime, was arrested soon after authorities found the corpse and witnesses at the hotel said they overheard the couple arguing earlier in the night.

"For anyone who really believes... that you're innocent until you're proven guilty, please take a look at the evidence. Or in this case, the absolute complete lack of evidence," says Beresford-Redman, adding:

"I doubt that there will ever be a satisfying resolution for this because the evidence is gone. Even if I do manage to get off, I don't know if Monica's killers will ever really be caught."

by Free Britney at . Comments

The sex tape featuring John Edwards and Rielle Hunter going at it will be destroyed as part of a settlement between Hunter and ex-Edwards aide Andrew Young.

The imminent destruction of sex tapes featuring Edwards and Hunter was mandated as per the agreement between Rielle, Edwards' ex-plaything, and Young.

Orange County, N.C., Superior Court Judge Carl Fox on Thursday signed the settlement agreement between Andrew Young, his wife and Rielle Hunter.

Hunter sued the pair, who ended up with the John Edwards sex tape somehow.

  • Edwards Pic
  • Rielle Hunter and Quinn

Hunter accused Andrew and Cheri Young of invasion of privacy, and sought to reclaim "materials" she said belong to her, including personal photos and the sex tape.

While the settlement addresses the transfer and destruction of videos, photos and other documents, no money was awarded and the Youngs admit no liability.

The court clerk has the honor of physically destroying the sex tape.

Meanwhile, the Youngs must make a good-faith effort to ensure that the copy of the video that they gave to the U.S. government is likewise destroyed.

The former aide will get back his family videos and pics, though they can't monetize any including Rielle Hunter or her daughter, Edwards' love child.

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

After more than two months behind bars, Amber Portwood is a free woman.

Sort of.

The Teen Mom star, who had been locked up for drug possession and probation violations galore, was released only after the halfway house where she was supposed to complete a drug treatment program apparently refused to accept her.

Ambah

According to sources, people at the transitional home - Sister 2 Sister Ministries - thinks Amber Portwood is too much of a risk and embodies too much negative energy.

She would be unlikely to benefit from its program, in other words. So she was denied, and since no other program will take her the judge decided to release her.

With an electronic monitoring bracelet. Classy.

Amber's not out of the woods yet, either. The judge will still require her to apply for residency at another home, although that process could take several months.

Until then, she will remain under home confinement. Until a different drug treatment program accepts her, at least she'll be home. And unable to leave her home.

At least Gary Shirley can visit. Actually, maybe that's not the best idea.

Will Amber Portwood end up back in jail?

 

[Photo: Fame/Flynet]

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

The National Enquirer has an extraordinarily warped sense of beauty.

With every media outlet and Twitter account holder in shock and disgust over that tabloid publishing a photo of Whitney Houston in her casket, courtesy of last Saturday's funeral in New Jersey, the tabloid's publisher, Mary Beth Wright, spoke to Fox News yesterday and actually said:

“I thought it was beautiful."

Enquirer Cover

This isn't the first time the National Enquirer has invoked such controversy and outrage. In 1977, the newspaper published an image Elvis Presley in his coffin, and it also ran a a photograph of John Lennon following his death in 1980.

What do you think of its decision to post a shot of Whitney's corpse?

 

by Free Britney at . Comments

Gabe Watson, the accused and so-called Honeymoon Killer, who spent 18 months in an Australian jail for manslaughter, was acquitted today in an American court.

Watson has been cleared in the 2003 death of wife Tina, who died on their honeymoon, suspiciously, and not even two weeks after the couple got married.

Prosecutors in Birmingham, Ala., alleged that Watson, 34, shut off his 26-year-old wife's oxygen supply while scuba diving in Australia to collect insurance money.

Gabe Watson Mug Shot

But, when the prosecution rested after two weeks, the judge granted a defense's motion for an acquittal on the grounds the prosecution failed to prove its case.

"The evidence is sorely lacking that it was an intentional act," Judge Tommy Nail told the courtroom, according to The Birmingham News.

"The only way to convict him of intentional murder is to speculate. Nobody knows exactly what happened in the water. I'm sure we'll never know."

Watson's mother collapsed in tears outside court.

Continue Reading...

by Free Britney at . Comments

A warrant for Chris Brown's arrest is being prepared by the Florida State's Attorney's office Thursday after he allegedly stole a woman's phone. Seriously.

The supposed victim recently filed a police report against him, according to Deborah Doty, the public information officer for the Miami Police Department.

"An incident report was filed against Mr. Brown, and the Florida State Attorney's Office will be issuing a warrant for his arrest this afternoon," she said.

"I can't tell you what time, but it will be today."

Chris Brown Goofs Off

Chris Brown, whose remixes and relationship with Rihanna are making all kinds of news, is accused of snatching Christal Spann's cell phone outside a club.

As he sat in a Bentley after exiting a nightclub, the police report states that Spann snapped a picture of Chris Brown chilling in the back of the car.

That is when Brown allegedly snatched the phone, which he did not give back (obviously) and told Spann, "B!tch, you ain't giving this to no website."

Eloquent, Chris Brown. Eloquent. The star, who is currently on probation, has not commented, nor has his attorney, Mark Geragos. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: Brown is being investigated for "Robbery by sudden snatching."

The woman who claims Brown robbed her was captured on video obtained by TMZ, clearly agitated as she tells cops, "He snatched my phone."

Christal Spann and her two friends seem spontaneous and upset as she exclaims several times to the authorities, "I just want my phone back."

The Miami Beach P.D. and the State Attorney's Office is aware of the video and will evaluate it in deciding whether to charge Brown with a crime.

UPDATE #2: The incident is still under investigation by the Miami Beach police, as of Friday, February 24, 5 p.m. EST. However, there is no warrant.

However, the Miami-Dade County state attorney's office said Friday that reports of an arrest warrant issued for Brown were inaccurate at this time.

[Photo: WENN.com]

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Sacha Baron Cohen not been banned from The Academy Awards. Not yet at least.

But the actor is in hot water with the organization because he wants to walk the red carpet dressed as the main character from The Dictator, a Middle Eastern leader named General Aladeen. The Academy is less than enthused over this plan.

“We would hope that every studio knows that this is a bad idea,” a spokesperson told Deadline. “The red carpet is not about stunting.”

Still, Cohen - who stars in Hugo, a Best Picture nominee - is still invited to the ceremony... for now. An insider does conform however, that his tickets will be rescinded if he goes through with the stunt.

What do you think? Should the Oscars remain pure, traditional and promotion-free? Or is still stale, ratings-declining ceremony in need of someone like Cohen to spice the show up?

 

by Free Britney at . Comments

George Huguely V, a former University of Virginia lacrosse player, has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the slaying of his ex-girlfriend Yeardley Love.

A Maryland jury convicted him late Wednesday.

The UVA lacrosse murder case began in May 2010 and gained national attention, after Love, a popular, all-American athlete, was found dead at the school.

There were no obvious physical wounds. Huguely, 24, admitted to having an altercation with his ex, but his lawyer denied her death was intentional.

  • Yeardley Love Photo
  • George Huguely Mug Shot

Huguely pleaded not guilty to six charges, including first-degree murder and felony murder in commission of a robbery, professing his innocence ... mostly.

His defense attorney Francis Lawrence said during closing arguments:

"Yes, George contributed to her death. But no, he didn't kill her ... he left there with her alive, and that is not in dispute. There was no intentional killing."

"She wasn't dead when he left."

After deliberating for nine hours, the jury decided Huguely was guilty of second degree murder, which can hold a sentence of anywhere from 5-40 years in jail.

Huguely was found not guilty on the most serious charge of first-degree murder, but he was also convicted of grand larceny stemming from the same event.