by Free Britney at . Comments

It looks like Jenna Talackova still has a shot at Miss Universe 2012.

The 23-year-old was disqualified from the competition just last week because she is a transgender woman, but the Miss Universe Organization has now reversed its decision.

Moreover, it's working with GLAAD to update policy on such issues.

Jenna Talackova Pic

Announcing its decision to welcome her, the organization said in a statement it "will allow Jenna Talackova to compete in the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant."

The entry is conditional only in that she meet "legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and standards established by other international competitions."

"The Miss Universe Organization made the right decision and has taken an important first step," said GLAAD spokesperson Herndon Graddick in response.

"Now, GLAAD urges the Organization to include all women and use this incident to speak out in support of the transgender community."

"So many women today do not have equal opportunities for employment, housing and safety simply because they are transgender."

GLAAD added, "The Miss Universe Organization should look to state non-discrimination laws and institutions including the Olympics, NCAA and The CW's America's Next Top Model, which do not discriminate against transgender women."

What do you think? Should Talackova have been disqualified?

 

by Free Britney at . Comments

Sarah Jones, a high school teacher and a one-time captain of the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals cheerleaders (the Ben-Gals, if you will) has been accused of sex abuse.

She and her mother, a middle school principal who allegedly covered up the crime, both entered pleas of not guilty during their arraignment on Monday.

Sarah Jones has been charged with sexual abuse of a student, on top of unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual activities.

Cheerleader Sarah Jones Mug Shot

Jones' mother, Cheryl, is accused of tampering with evidence in connection with her daughter's case. Cheryl is currently suspended from her job.

Both Sarah and Cheryl were arrested following a grand jury investigation.

At the courthouse Monday the pair was joined by a dozen supporters, including the family of the alleged victim, according to ABC News affiliate WCPO.

Though the alleged victim's family supports Sarah Jones, Jefferson County Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Sarah Farmer said the case would continue.

"The commonwealth feels we have sufficient proof to go forward," Farmer said.

At the arraignment, Judge Patricia Summe ordered Sarah and Cheryl Jones to avoid contact with the alleged victim and to disable text messaging.

Forensic evidence for the case, taking place in Kenton County, Ky., was collected by taking Sarah Jones' computers and phone records.

The trial date for both Sarah and Cheryl Jones was set for June 27.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Who knew Charlie Sheen may not have been the biggest sleazeball on the set of Two and a Half Men?!?

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, co-creator Lee Aronsohn said his sitcom is nearing a deal to bring Ashton Kutcher back for a 10th season, adding that he isn't a fan of many new comedic programs that feature women - such as Whitney and 2 Broke Girls - because they talk too much about their lady parts.

"Enough ladies. I get it. You have periods," Aronsohn complains. "We’re approaching peak vagina on television, the point of labia saturation."

Lee Aronsohn Picture

Aronsohn - who later tried to back away from his comments, saying Two and a Half Men specializes in fart jokes and he has no right to judge - added that he makes no apologies for his show's less-than-flattering depiction of women.

“Screw it,,, We're centering the show on two very damaged men. What makes men damaged? Sorry, it’s women. I never got my heart broken by a man."

What do you think of Aronsohn's critiques?

 

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Ryan Leaf is in major trouble with the law. Again.

Just two days after being arrested for stealing prescription pain medication, the former number-two overall draft pick was booked this morning in Montana on new counts of burglary, theft and criminal possession of dangerous drugs.

Ryan Leaf SI Cover

The latest arrest is "based on a burglary that happened yesterday afternoon after he bailed out," Central Montana Drug Task Force Commander Chris Hickman told reporters today.

Leaf - who had been scheduled for a hearing in court today based on Friday's charges, which were based on the discovery of 28 Oxycodone pills in his pickup truck and the testimony from an acquaintance that Leaf broke into his residence to acquire them - is also in violation of his probation (stemming from a 2009 arrest) and cannot be released from jail at the moment.

The former quarterback was a standout at Washington University and was drafted second (behind Peyton Manning) by the San Diego Chargers in 1998. He never came close to fulfilling his promise and was out of the league by 2001.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Ryan Leaf - the number-two pick in the 1998 NFL draft and arguably the biggest bust in league history - was arrested in Montana yesterday.

Details are unclear, but authorities in Great Falls says the former Washington State standout was booked on charges of burglary of a residence, theft and felony criminal possession of dangerous drugs. He was released on $76,000 bond and is due in court on Monday.

Ryan Leaf Mug Shot

Last year, Leaf had a benign brain tumor removed, and in 2010 he was placed on probation after pleaded guilty in Amarillo, Texas to various drug charges.

He released the following statement soon after this arrest:

“I’ve made some mistakes, and have no excuses. I am using the tools I’ve learned to move forward rather than backwards, and will be open to talking about the details in the days to come. I am confident that there will be further understanding when the facts are revealed, and feel very blessed for all of the support, especially from my friends and family.”

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

We have an update on the passing of Whitney Houston.

A week after the official coroner's report listed this singer's cause of death as being a heart attack, likely related to cocaine use, it's now been confirmed that the drug was, indeed, discovered in Whitney's hotel room at the time her body was found.

Whitney Houston ABC Interview

Initial reports had been sketchy on this fact, with rumors circulating that cocaine may have been present in Houston's system - but no traces of the substances were anywhere near the bathtub in which she drowned.

Allegations of someone tampering with the evidence even ran wild.

But now sources connected to the investigation tell TMZ that "white, powdery remnants" were taken into custody and later identified as cocaine.

Does this put the tragedy to rest? Sadly, probably not. Accusations of who supplied Whitney with her drugs of choice will continue for the foreseeable future. Ray J has already been forced to come out and defend himself against this charge.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Katrina Darrell, the American Idol contestant who rose to prominence in 2009 when she auditioned in a bikini and clashed with judge Kara DioGuardi, has been arrested for DUI.

As first reported by TMZ, Darrell was pulled over in Pomona at 12:16 am.m. PST today and allegedly told police she was on her way to a local hospital because her mom - who was sitting shotgun - had fallen down and injured herself.

The police let her go as a result... but she then ran a red light and crashed into another car!

The former Idol hopeful tried to flee the scene, was pulled over again by cops who smelled alcohol on her breath and proceeded to fail a field sobriety test by blowing somewhere between .15 and .17, twice the legal limit in California.

Sources say Darrell was crying throughout the ordeal and released around 6 a.m. from the police station. She may also face charges for the aforementioned hit-and-run.

All this AND our readers believe DioGuardi looks better in a bikini! Ouch.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

On a JetBlue flight from New York to Las Vegas yesterday, a group of passengers were forced to band together and subdue Clayton Osbon, a pilot who simply flipped out, behaving erratically, banging on the cockpit door and screaming out numbers.

On his radio show this morning, meanwhile, Carson Daly referenced the incident.

"Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas," he said. "It was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes... thank God."

Carson Daly Picture

The Voice host then added, laughing: "With my luck, it would be like... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco,'" changing his tone to sound more effeminate and saying: "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

The implication, naturally? Folks such as that would not have been able to bring down the JetBlue pilot.

A few hours after making the comments, Daly Tweeted an apology: "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Do you accept this apology? Do you think he should have made one?

 

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

Amandla Stenberg, the 13-year old actress who plays Rue in The Hunger Games, has spoken out on the unexpected, ignorant, racist controversy that has somehow enveloped her beloved character.

Rue in The Hunger Games

In response to posts on Twitter that dared to wonder why Rue was portrayed by an African-American on screen - one actually wrote: "Why did the producer make all the good characters black?" - Stenberg has taken the mature road and released a statement that reads:

"As a fan of the books, I feel fortunate to be part of The Hunger Games family. It was an amazing experience; I am proud of the film and my performance. I want to thank all of my fans and the entire Hunger Games community for their support and loyalty."

No, thank YOU, Amandla, for bringing such an important character to life. You can't see us at the moment, but take our word for it: we're holding up three fingers in your honor.

by Hilton Hater at . Comments

He was best known for grabbing rebounds, but now former NBA star Dennis Rodman could use an assist. In life.

An Orange County court commissioner told the Hall of Famer yesterday that he will be held in contempt - and face 20 days in prison - over the $860,376 in child/spousal support he owes his ex-wife.

Rodman has until May 29 to come up with the money, but it could be a problem says his financial advisor, Peggy Williams. She claims her client is broke.

"In all honesty, Dennis, although a very sweet person, is an alcoholic," Williams tells The Los Angeles Times of Rodman. "His sickness impacts his ability to get work."

Dennis Rodman Photograph

Rodman is a multiple-time champion and All-Star and one of the best defenders in NBA history. His colorful life off the court has included a marriage to Carmen Electra; time spent as Madonna's boyfriend; and a resume that includes donning a wedding dress to a book signing, along with coaching a topless women's team.

Continue Reading...

x Close Ad