VH1's signature franchise, Love & Hip Hop, is going Hollywood next month.
Millions already watch Love & Hip Hop (New York) and watch Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta online, so the pressure is on for the West Coast to up its game.
They've got just the star to do it, though. None other than Ray J leads the cast.
That's right, the man who filmed the Kim Kardashian sex tape is coming to reality TV as one this new group of R&B and hip hop hopefuls who have their eyes on the prize.
We have no idea what that prize is, that's just what the press release says.
In any case, the music industry is constantly evolving, and these artists’ unwavering ambition keeps them hustling to stay at the top ... or get somewhere near it.
The series follows a hip cast of celebrities and musicians including:
- Ray J, a "recording artist who has been romantically linked to several well-known names," most recently his best friend and assistant Morgan Hardman.
- Soulja Boy, the man behind “Crank Dat,” and romantically linked to R&B Royalty, Nia Riley, daughter of famed producer amd songwriter Teddy Riley.
- Omarion, former lead singer of hit R&B band B2K, now pursuing a solo career while dating Apryl Jones, a backup vocalist. They're pregnant.
- Lil Fizz, also a member of B2K who has a kid by Moniece Slaughter, but is thinking about settling down with his present love Amanda Secor.
- Young Berg, a producer and musician who has worked with artists such as Lil Wayne, T Pain, Ray J, Tamar Braxton and Meek Mill.
- Teairra Marie, actress, R&B singer and ex-girlfriend of Ray J.
- Hazel E, former celebrity publicist and aspiring rapper.
- Yesi Ortiz, "Voice of LA," DJ and personality on Power 106.
- Sincere, a premiere club promoter in the Los Angeles area.
- Nikki Mudarris, some real estate heiress in Los Angeles.
Will you tuning in? Here's some of Ray's prior work if that helps: