Pit Bull Rescues Deaf Child from Burning Home

by at . Comments

They are called Man's Best Friend for a reason.

Although, perhaps we ought to expand this to Man and Boy's Best Friend.

The following video tells the story of Ace, a Pit Bull who awoke yesterday to the sound of a smoke detector in his home and immediately ran to the bedroom of his young owner, 13-year old Nick Lamb.

Nick was born deaf and he takes out his cochlear implants when he sleeps.

No one else was home at the time of the incident, which Nick described to a local Indiana outlets as follows:

"My dog licked my face and woke me up. I was like, ‘Stop it! What? You want to be fed?’ I thought he wanted to be fed or go outside."

Instead, Nick quickly realize the home was engulfed in smoke, so he covered his nose and mouth and ran into the backyard with his two-year old savior.

In the end, the house was completely destroyed by the fire, which caused $175,000 worth of damage. But Nick, Ace (and also the family cat) made it out safely.

"It’s amazing because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up," Nick's mom says of her son.

Pretty cool, huh? Sometimes dogs fail at life. Other times, they succeed in awe-inspiring fashion.

Tags: ,