Like all good reality shows, True Tori aired a reunion special a week after its finale, getting everyone together to catch up on what has happened since.
Yes, it's a husband and wife reunion special. Not weird at all.
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott sat down individually and together to go over the last six weeks, rehash what we saw and tell us what we didn't.
We were promised our burning questions would be answered ... but were they? Certainly not if Dean cheated more than once. She won't ask that.
Spelling started off her portion of the reunion by saying that people's reactions have largely been that she should have left Dean after he cheated, however:
- There are the couple's four children to also consider
- She still had a lot of love for McDermott deep down
- She saw a gold mine opportunity with this TV show
Okay, that last one we just wrote. You gotta wonder, though ...
As for the kids, Tori says she's glad she has this show as a record of what happened so they will see how their mom and dad persevered through this.
That's a heck of a positive spin to put on a giant charade.
During Dean McDermott's turn, he said the insane fight with Tori Spelling we watched a few weeks ago was the hardest, and most cathartic, part.
And when the couple FINALLY came together on camera?
Tori won't say if they have had sex since the show, but she does say they've had "intimate moments" as they work on their marriage and so forth.
She says it was a wake-up call and while she stops short of calling it a good thing, remains pretty optimistic that this is going to work out long-term.
The show ends with a couple of HUGE reveals:
- Dean got Tori's wedding vows tattooed on his side, saying he'll never break them again ... not that having her name above his junk stopped him.
- The repentant, philandering McDermott wrote a song for his beloved bride that actually includes the line "broken trust for a dance with lust."
The kids are going to love watching this down the road.