Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta showed in Season 3 Episode 7 that while the cast members and their shenanigans are often ridiculous, the emotions are raw and real.
Waka Flocka Flame’s brother KayO Redd committed suicide late last year, and the rapper was overcome by emotion as he opened up on the reality show.
Meanwhile, his mother Deb Antney went on a radio station to campaign against reckless Internet trolling that she believes led to her son’s death.
Compared to the usual fare, this was extremely serious and tragic, to the point where it almost deserved its own episode. A lot else went down, though.
More things to look forward to when you watch Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta online:
- The Sleazy & Benzino opening party, which took place in February, finally and humorously aired on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta Season 3 Episode 7.
- Erica Dixon and Karlie Redd discussed Benzino‘s package size (not so big), then Karlie got into a fight with Benzino’s new girlfriend Althea.
- Shade is thrown. Then water is thrown. Karlie is thrown out of the club.
- Althea, pre-Benzino, apparently got with Mimi’s boyfriend Nikko Smith and possibly Stevie J, too. She gets around like a record, you could say.
- Bambi is pissed at Lil Scrappy over his relationship with Erica P. Scrap tells Momma Dee to stay out of his business, as if that's possible.
- Joseline checks out Stevie J’s phone, finding a whole of nude pictures that aren’t of Joseline. She takes off her ring. He is not concerned.
- A doctor tells Kirk that Rasheeda’s mom shouldn’t be kissing their son on the lips because he is susceptible to diseases at his age.
- Yung Joc says he's no longer putting it to that side piece who Karlie got into a fight with earlier, and she stays with him despite reservations.
- Mimi Faust and Nikko Smith have a one-year anniversary party, yet Mimi is disturbed by Nikko basking in the light of their sex tape.
And that's about it from the ATL. Until next week, hip hop fans ...