When it came to Kim Kardashian marrying Kanye West over the weekend, the New York Post opted for a different angle than most major media outlets.
Not only was the report buried inside the paper, and only a few paragraphs long, its headline was "ALERT (yawn): Kimye weds" and this was all it said:
"Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday." Sort of says it all right there.
The Post also lists Kim as "sex tape star" - not inaccurate, considering how the Kim Kardashian sex tape launched her career - and West as "egoist."
Their nuptials, the venerable paper observes, was opulent enough for Florence's Medici Dynasty, yet tacky enough for reality TV. And that's really about it.
Of course, the Post is totally having its Kimye wedding cake and eating it too, as its classic non-story has been preceded by many legitimate ones.
Many legitimate ones. Her last wedding was front page news, and it's not like they eschew all things Kim on a daily basis. Just the same, so well played.
Reader reactions ranged from positive to ... okay, all positive. A sampling:
- Props: @nypost has the best possible story on the Kimye wedding.
- Great coverage of the Kimye wedding in the NY Post!
- NY Post article about Kimye wedding....this is fantastic! Well done @nypost
- Best article ever published in the NY Post. #kimye
- I like how the NY Post handled the Kanye West/Kim Kardashian wedding news.
- Standing O to the NY Post for their #Kimye coverage. @nypost
- The NY Post gets one right.
Pretty hilarious and true stuff all around from NYC's favorite tabloid.
And because we know you still care at the same time you make fun of them (at least some of you do), click through Kim Kardashian wedding photos below: