This week's Dancing With the Stars results were decided not by the judges or the fans, but by one of the participants who decided he could not continue.
Billy Dee Williams, citing a chronic back problem and medical advice, withdrew from season 18 of ABC’s dancing competition on Monday night.
The 77-year-old Star Wars actor thanked his pro partner, Emma Slater, and said he’d always remember his time on the show, even if it was cut short.
“And I want to thank every one of you folks who’ve been supporting us,” Williams said, gesturing to the audience, which gave him a standing ovation.
Williams, who recently had hip surgery, has been at the bottom of the scoreboard, struggling on the dance floor despite winning votes with his spirit.
No one was voted off the dance floor as a result on Monday's episode, which also featured Good Morning America's Robin Roberts as a guest judge.
The routines in the third episode of this season were all dedicated to the most memorable year of the stars' lives. How did the scores shake out?
Check out the full leaderboard after the jump ...
- Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 39
- Charlie White and Sharna Burgess: 36
- Amy Purdy and Derek Hough: 36
- James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd: 36
- Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy: 36
- Cody Simpson and Witney Carson: 35
- NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani: 31
- Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke: 30
- Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas: 32
- Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater: WD
Who do you think is on pace to win Dancing With the Stars this season, and who will be the next to exit stage right? Share your comments below!