Amy Purdy, the Olympic snowboarding champion with two prosthetic legs, already came to Season 18 of Dancing with the Stars with quite a back story.
Wait until you hear her tell it through dance.
On a night where were no real Dancing With the Stars results - Billy Dee Williams withdrew and everyone else was safe off the bat - there was plenty of emotion.
Each star had to dedicate their performance to their life's most memorable year, and for Amy Purdy, it was 1999, when she lost both her legs to meningitis.
She and Derek Hough's beautiful performance, set to “Only Human,” left not a dry eye in the audience. Bruno even called it "borderline miraculous."
Given what she's been through? Not a huge stretch. Carrie Ann said Amy was so inspiring, especially while exposing her legs and feet for the first time.
“I hope you know what you are doing for people. Anyone who is facing a challenge, you let them know they can begin again,” guest Robin Roberts said.
To top it all off, they received a score of 36, good for second place!
Check out the full DWTS Week 3 scoreboard after the jump ...
- Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 39
- Charlie White and Sharna Burgess: 36
- Amy Purdy and Derek Hough: 36
- James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd: 36
- Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy: 36
- Cody Simpson and Witney Carson: 35
- NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani: 31
- Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke: 30
- Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas: 32
- Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater: WD
Think Amy has the skills and the story to win it all?