They are the four words we never thought we'd write:
George Clooney is engaged.
The long-time bachelor popped the question this week to Amal Alamuddin, a British lawyer he's been seeing since the fall.
Aside from expressing consternation of Clooney actually choosing to marry again, most celebrity gossip followers are now asking one simple question: Who Amal Alamuddin?!?
Here are seven facts about the future Mrs. George Clooney:
- Alamuddin is an attorney (known as a "barrister" in Great Britain) who specializes in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law.
- Last year, she nabbed the top spot on London's Hottest Barrister list.
- She is trilingual. Alamuddin speaks English, French and Arabic. (She may wanna add Italian to that list, considering the many trips she'll be making to Clooney's mansion in Lake Como.)
- She also has been appointed to many U.N. commissions and is an advisor to former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Syria.
- She represented WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange in his extradition proceedings with Sweden.
- She is a graduate of New York University School of Law.
- She was born in Lebanon.
So... there you have it.
Of course, all of these tidbits are now trumped by the most fascinating one of all: Amal Alamuddin is engaged to George Clooney!!!