The much-talked about "Seinfeld reunion" during Super Bowl XLVIII turned out to be a commercial for Jerry's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee web series.
That's it. And like Peyton Manning, it didn't really connect with its intended receivers last night, despite the buzz of a Seinfeld cast mini-get together.
If you missed it, take a look at the spot below and see if you agree:
Jerry and George (Jason Alexander), after walking into their familiar coffee shop, discussed a friend's Super Bowl party in a typically banal conversation.
Then who should show up out of the blue but ... NEWMAN!
"Hello, Newman," Jerry says to Wayne Knight.
That was about it for laughs right there.
For all the talk of a "Seinfeld reunion," and all the hilarious potential therein, this never really got off the ground. As a whole, it felt almost mailed in.
The cast has been reluctant to commit to a full-scale reunion for some time, and perhaps we know why: Some things are better left in the past.
As for Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, let's hope this isn't an indication of how those webisodes play out over the coming season for Jerry's sake.
As far as ads that did make a lasting impact last night ...
- RadioShack's Super Bowl ad played off of nostalgia and the brand's own image for being outdated and stuck in an '80s time warp.
- Coca-Cola's "America the Beautiful" spot caused controversy.
- Three words for you, people: Budweiser "Puppy Love"!
- This Jamie Casino commercial is epically INSANE.
1. Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial: Puppy Love
This is beyond adorable. Budweiser has managed to melt our hearts with another Super Bowl commercial.
2. Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Super Bowl Ad: It's a Full House!
It's the cast of Full House! Reunited! For a Dannon Super Bowl commercial. Watch now.
3. Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial: A Hero's Welcome
Budweiser has done it again. Grab some tissues and watch this 2014 Super Bowl commercial.
4. Cheerios Super Bowl Ad - "Gracie"
Cheerios runs it back with an interracial family in this Super Bowl commercial. The same concept created controversy the first time it aired.
5. Morpheus Super Bowl Commercial
Hey, that's Morpheus! This beloved character from The Matrix is featured in this Kia Super Bowl commercial.
6. The Muppets Super Bowl Commercial
The Muppets and Terry Crews are featured in this Super Bowl commercial for Toyota. It's a fun one.
7. Jaguar Super Bowl Commercial
British villains unite in this 2014 Super Bowl commercial for Jaguar. Watch now!
8. Scarlett Johansson SodaStream Commercial
Scarlett Johansson is featured in this SodaStream Super Bowl commercial. She is very, very pretty.
9. Anna Kendrick Super Bowl Commercial
HA! This is an amazing commercial for Newcastle beer that stars Anna Kendrick being totally awesome.
10. Ian Up For Whatever - Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial
A Bud Light Super Bowl commercial for the 2014 big game. How does this one rank among the year's offerings?
11. CarMax Super Bowl Commercial
What does CarMax do? It's sort of unclear. But what this Super Bowl commercial now.
12. Axe Super Bowl Ad
Imagine Oliver Stone directing a romantic drama. Now watch this Axe Super Bowl commercial.
13. Audi Super Bowl Commercial
Audi has come up with a never-before-seen creature to show the frightening consequences of bringing compromise into the world. Watch its Super Bowl ad now.
14. Tim Tebow Super Bowl Commercial
Tim Tebow represents T Mobile in this Super Bowl commercial. Watch now!
15. Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial: It's Beautiful
This Coca-Cola is spurring a lot of controversy. Why? Because it features various languages singing "America the Beautiful."
16. Seinfeld Super Bowl Commercial
It's Jerry and George! What were they doing at the 2014 Super Bowl? Watch this commercial now.
17. Honda Super Bowl Commercial
Bruce Willis has an important message in this Honda Super Bowl commercial: give everyone you love a hug.
18. Time Warner Super Bowl Commercial
True Blood stars AND P. Diddy? You must watch this Time Warner Super Bowl commercial.
20. GoldieBlox Super Bowl Commercial
GoldieBlox was a contest and was therefore able to air this Super Bowl commercial. Pretty cool, really.
21. Esurance Super Bowl Commercial
Granted, this Esurance commercial aired AFTER the Super Bowl. But it practically broke Twitter, so we're counting it.
22. Chobani Super Bowl Commercial
Bear Attack Alert! Check out this Super Bowl commercial for the yogurt company now.
23. Chevy Super Bowl Commercial 2014
There's nothing like the love between a truck and a buck. Watch this Chevy Super Bowl commercial to see what we mean.
24. Volkswagon Super Bowl Commercial 2014
Volkswagon is all about giving its engineers wings. Watch this Super Bowl commercial to see what we mean.
25. RadioShack Super Bowl Commercial
Which 1980s icon was NOT in this RadioShack Super Bowl commercial? Watch it now.