One of the best 2014 Super Bowl commercials was this spot for RadioShack, which paid tribute to the most beloved stars, songs, trends and fads of the 1980s.
You know, the decade in which you last walked into a RadioShack.
The electronics chain, which is somehow still in business, pokes fun at its own reputation as a chain from the '80s that is somehow still in business.
From Hulk Hogan to Chucky, the '80s invade and ransack a typical RadioShack store to ensure that going forward, they will no longer be stuck in the past.
Pretty clever angle, and sure to make all children of the '80s smile ...
The company's Super Bowl commercial was an smorgasbord of nostalgia, randomness and laughs, and it got us talking, so it was money well spent.
Assuming the Shack actually has something new to offer, at least.
Check out this bulleted list of every '80s reference involved (18, by our count, in a single minute of uber-expensive air time), and see if we missed any:
- Loverboy, "Working for the Weekend"
- Olympic champion Mary Lou Retton
- Jason, Friday the 13th
- Kid 'n Play
- Teen Wolf (the original, not the current MTV version)
- Cliff Clavin (John Ratzenberger) from Cheers
- Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
- Pro wrestler Hulk Hogan
- Frank Poncherello (Eric Estrada), CHiPs
- Pro wrestler Sgt. Slaughter
- Rock band Devo
- Health educator Slim Goodbody
- The California Raisins
- Bubo, Clash of the Titans
- Arcade adventurer Q*bert
- Chucky from Child's Play
- The Back to the Future Delorean
1. Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial: Puppy Love
This is beyond adorable. Budweiser has managed to melt our hearts with another Super Bowl commercial.
2. Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Super Bowl Ad: It's a Full House!
It's the cast of Full House! Reunited! For a Dannon Super Bowl commercial. Watch now.
3. Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial: A Hero's Welcome
Budweiser has done it again. Grab some tissues and watch this 2014 Super Bowl commercial.
4. Cheerios Super Bowl Ad - "Gracie"
Cheerios runs it back with an interracial family in this Super Bowl commercial. The same concept created controversy the first time it aired.
5. Morpheus Super Bowl Commercial
Hey, that's Morpheus! This beloved character from The Matrix is featured in this Kia Super Bowl commercial.
6. The Muppets Super Bowl Commercial
The Muppets and Terry Crews are featured in this Super Bowl commercial for Toyota. It's a fun one.
7. Jaguar Super Bowl Commercial
British villains unite in this 2014 Super Bowl commercial for Jaguar. Watch now!
8. Scarlett Johansson SodaStream Commercial
Scarlett Johansson is featured in this SodaStream Super Bowl commercial. She is very, very pretty.
9. Anna Kendrick Super Bowl Commercial
HA! This is an amazing commercial for Newcastle beer that stars Anna Kendrick being totally awesome.
10. Ian Up For Whatever - Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial
A Bud Light Super Bowl commercial for the 2014 big game. How does this one rank among the year's offerings?
11. CarMax Super Bowl Commercial
What does CarMax do? It's sort of unclear. But what this Super Bowl commercial now.
12. Axe Super Bowl Ad
Imagine Oliver Stone directing a romantic drama. Now watch this Axe Super Bowl commercial.
13. Audi Super Bowl Commercial
Audi has come up with a never-before-seen creature to show the frightening consequences of bringing compromise into the world. Watch its Super Bowl ad now.
14. Tim Tebow Super Bowl Commercial
Tim Tebow represents T Mobile in this Super Bowl commercial. Watch now!
15. Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial: It's Beautiful
This Coca-Cola is spurring a lot of controversy. Why? Because it features various languages singing "America the Beautiful."
16. Seinfeld Super Bowl Commercial
It's Jerry and George! What were they doing at the 2014 Super Bowl? Watch this commercial now.
17. Honda Super Bowl Commercial
Bruce Willis has an important message in this Honda Super Bowl commercial: give everyone you love a hug.
18. Time Warner Super Bowl Commercial
True Blood stars AND P. Diddy? You must watch this Time Warner Super Bowl commercial.
20. GoldieBlox Super Bowl Commercial
GoldieBlox was a contest and was therefore able to air this Super Bowl commercial. Pretty cool, really.
21. Esurance Super Bowl Commercial
Granted, this Esurance commercial aired AFTER the Super Bowl. But it practically broke Twitter, so we're counting it.
22. Chobani Super Bowl Commercial
Bear Attack Alert! Check out this Super Bowl commercial for the yogurt company now.
23. Chevy Super Bowl Commercial 2014
There's nothing like the love between a truck and a buck. Watch this Chevy Super Bowl commercial to see what we mean.
24. Volkswagon Super Bowl Commercial 2014
Volkswagon is all about giving its engineers wings. Watch this Super Bowl commercial to see what we mean.
25. RadioShack Super Bowl Commercial
Which 1980s icon was NOT in this RadioShack Super Bowl commercial? Watch it now.