Perez Hilton and Ariana Grande - or at least Ariana Grande fans - are engaged in an serious feud involving death threats stemming from last month's Grammys.
According to reports, Perez bullied Ariana Grande on Twitter that night, driving her to tears on the red carpet and leading her fans to lash out in response.
Hilton, who recently adopted a baby boy, is not handling it well, accusing Grande supporters of threatening his life as well as his child's, and blaming her for it.
He put the star and her fans on BLAST in an epic Twitter rant Wednesday, playing the victim and likening her silence to complicity or even encouragement.
“I know most @ArianaGrande fans are 12 years old - at least they almost all act like it - but ENOUGH is enough!" Hilton wrote to begin his rant.
"Even 12 year olds KNOW better than to wish death on a baby and say the disgusting things that 99 percent of her fans have been spamming my Instagram with."
"I am NOT sorry I said #ArianaGrande was dressed awfully with boring hair at the Grammy Awards," the celebrity gossip site owner said, digging in.
"I will not apologize. And, listen up, kids! For every day you continue to say vile things on my photos, I will continue to bring it to the attention of Ariana.”
Perez Hilton went on, calling Ariana out personally for her silence on the subject:
"Do YOU want her seeing all those tweets pointing to the fact that she has the worst fandom out there? She does. It’s the truth. At this point, her silence on this matter is shameful."
"Her team KNOWS what her fans are saying about my family and doing to my Instagram photos. Ariana keeping quiet is condoning and promoting that behavior!"
"Shameful, Ariana. Shameful! Quite being such an enabler and SAY SOMETHING!"
"Until then, I guess I will be a baby myself and do what I think I need to do to get this bulls--t to stop. All this silliness started over me saying I did not like her look!"
"I had always supported and liked Ariana. Until now! Over her! And over her fans!”
A couple of points regarding this:
- Assuming the threats are real, claiming that Ariana is aware of this and supportive of it just because she hasn't responded is a stretch.
- Maybe she's just staying off Twitter and not getting involved in this kind of thing, being the sweet, genuine and innocent 20-year-old she is.
- Because this is her reputation, she is an easy target for bottom-feeders like Perez, who has made an empire out of taking them down.
- It's hard to feel sympathy for someone whose reputation for bashing celebs, yet bristling when the reverse happens, is well documented.
- That said, death threats are not cool under any circumstances, and as a new dad, we can see how he would be especially upset over this.
- Perhaps Ariana - not out of obligation but to send the right message and end a tense situation - should say something, IF she's even aware of this.
What do you think? Should she respond to quash this escalating situation? Or is Perez just whining because he can dish it out but he can't take it? Discuss ...