Perez Hilton and Ariana Grande - or at least Ariana Grande fans - are engaged in an serious feud involving death threats stemming from last month's Grammys.
According to reports, Perez bullied Ariana Grande on Twitter that night, driving her to tears on the red carpet and leading her fans to lash out in response.
Hilton, who recently adopted a baby boy, is not handling it well, accusing Grande supporters of threatening his life as well as his child's, and blaming her for it.
He put the star and her fans on BLAST in an epic Twitter rant Wednesday, playing the victim and likening her silence to complicity or even encouragement.
“I know most @ArianaGrande fans are 12 years old - at least they almost all act like it - but ENOUGH is enough!" Hilton wrote to begin his rant.
"Even 12 year olds KNOW better than to wish death on a baby and say the disgusting things that 99 percent of her fans have been spamming my Instagram with."
"I am NOT sorry I said #ArianaGrande was dressed awfully with boring hair at the Grammy Awards," the celebrity gossip site owner said, digging in.
"I will not apologize. And, listen up, kids! For every day you continue to say vile things on my photos, I will continue to bring it to the attention of Ariana.”
Perez Hilton went on, calling Ariana out personally for her silence on the subject:
"Do YOU want her seeing all those tweets pointing to the fact that she has the worst fandom out there? She does. It’s the truth. At this point, her silence on this matter is shameful."
"Her team KNOWS what her fans are saying about my family and doing to my Instagram photos. Ariana keeping quiet is condoning and promoting that behavior!"
"Shameful, Ariana. Shameful! Quite being such an enabler and SAY SOMETHING!"
"Until then, I guess I will be a baby myself and do what I think I need to do to get this bulls--t to stop. All this silliness started over me saying I did not like her look!"
"I had always supported and liked Ariana. Until now! Over her! And over her fans!”
A couple of points regarding this:
- Assuming the threats are real, claiming that Ariana is aware of this and supportive of it just because she hasn't responded is a stretch.
- Maybe she's just staying off Twitter and not getting involved in this kind of thing, being the sweet, genuine and innocent 20-year-old she is.
- Because this is her reputation, she is an easy target for bottom-feeders like Perez, who has made an empire out of taking them down.
- It's hard to feel sympathy for someone whose reputation for bashing celebs, yet bristling when the reverse happens, is well documented.
- That said, death threats are not cool under any circumstances, and as a new dad, we can see how he would be especially upset over this.
- Perhaps Ariana - not out of obligation but to send the right message and end a tense situation - should say something, IF she's even aware of this.
What do you think? Should she respond to quash this escalating situation? Or is Perez just whining because he can dish it out but he can't take it? Discuss ...
1. Ariana Grande at the Grammys
Ariana Grande is now a huge name in music. She strikes a pose here at the 2014 Grammys.
2. Madonna at the Grammys
Madonna broke out the fancy duds for the the 2014 Grammy Awards. She's looking sharp!
3. Giuliana Rancic at the 2014 Grammys
Giuliana Rancic strikes a sexy pose here at the 2014 Grammy Awards. We've loving her dress.
4. Sara Bareilles at the Grammys
Looking great, Sara Bareilles! The singer strikes a pose here at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
5. Neil Patrick Harris at the Grammys
Neil Patrick Harris poses here at the 2014 Grammy Awards. He's looking quite dapper.
6. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the Grammys
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis pose here on the Grammy Awards red carpet. They won quite a few awards in 2014.
7. Steven Tyler Mustache Pic
Whoa there, Steven Tyler! The singer broke out a mustache at the 2014 Grammys. React to it now.
8. Hunter Hayes at the Grammys
Hunter Hayes is a Grammy Award winner! He poses here for the camera prior to the 2014 show.
9. Ciara: Baby Bumpin at the Grammys!
Ciara is pregnant! She shows off her baby bump here at the 2014 Grammys.
10. Katy Perry at the 2014 Grammys
Katy Perry is gorgeous at the 2014 Grammy Awards. We're big fans of her dress.
11. Daft Punk at the Grammys
Daft Punk poses here at the 2014 Grammys. This duo has unique fashion taste.
12. Alicia Keys at 2014 Grammys
Alicia Keys is a vision here at the 2014 Grammy Awards. She's gorgeous in blue.
13. Anna Kendrick at the Grammys
Anna Kendrick shows off her "cups" here at the 2014 Grammy Awards. We LOVE her dress!
14. Paris Hilton at the 2014 Grammys
It's unclear why Paris Hilton was invited to the 2014 Grammy Awards. But, hey, here she is!
15. Austin Mahone at the Grammys
Austin Mahone shows off an impressive coat here at the 2014 Grammy Awards. Are you down with his look?
16. Chrissy Teigen at the Grammys
You are a lucky man, John Legend. You get to go home to Chrissy Teigen every night.
17. Sean Lowe, Catherine Giudici Wedding
Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici are married! Congratulations to The Bachelor stars!
18. Kelly Osbourne at the 2014 Grammys
Kelly Osbourne rocks some purple hair at the 2014 Grammy Awards. Do you like her look?
19. Cyndi Lauper at the Grammys
Whoa there, Cyndi Lauper! The singer sports an eccentric look at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
20. Pink at the 2014 Grammys
Looking gorgeous, Pink! The singer strikes a beautiful pose here at the 2014 Grammys.
21. Kacey Musgraves at the Grammys
Kacey Musgraves made quite the impression at the 2014 Grammy Awards. She looks great!
22. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose at the Grammys
Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose attended the 2014 Grammy Awards. And they looked good while doing it!
23. Robin Thicke and Paula Patton at the Grammys
Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are a striking couple. They pose here at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
24. Taylor Swift at the 2014 Grammys
Taylor Swift is a vision here on the red carpet of the 2014 Grammy Awards. We adore her dress.
25. Anna Faris at the Grammys
Anna Faris is not a singer. But she still snagged an invite to the 2014 Grammys.